Fire pit things | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fire pit things

Reaction Score
Honestly, it looks lame and devoid of character. You need something that consumes wood. Nothing like that smell and crackling of the fire.
My neighbors have a Bonfire and it’s great. And safe. If I didn’t have a granite fire pit already I’d buy one.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here's a pic of mine that I posted in another thread (yes, I have since cleaned my deck):

254c17ef-de1e-4be5-aa77-88e7eb102fe0-jpeg.54863
I looked at the link and it is 19.4" W x 14". That seems small. What are the dimensions on yours?

Reaction Score
Great topic. It’s been over 90 in NC with an overnight low above 70 for 2+ weeks. Can’t wait for som BYers in Arizona to add their thoughts. ):

You have no idea what we'd give to have highs in the 90s & lows in the 70s.

We just recorded 12 consecutive days of 110 or better which I think I saw was the 3rd or 4th longest streak in history.

I'm sure someone will jump in about it being a "dry heat" but when it was 115 last weekend nobody cares. It's just simply hot as hell

P.S. Firepits are great! we have a stone & brick one and a clay chimenea in the yard. Nothing better than a good cigar, a glass of good scotch and a fire in the winter

Reaction Score
Good reviews here!

I bought the Solo "Ranger" firepit, one size smaller than the "Bonfire" therefore a bit more portable which was a primary consideration for not opting for the "Bonfire." I camp and fish a lot so the smaller size fit my needs.

I also purchased the "Campfire" model which is designed to be used as a stove with a cutout to add wood beneath where your pan/pot sits. The "Campfire" can double as a small fire pit, even more portable.

Both employ similar design and utilize "gasification" for max efficiency, reduced smoke and minimal ash/clean up.

The heat is directed upward and outward. The bottom of the stove does not get hot. For deck use the optional stand is a good extra safety precaution.

These stoves are awesome, visually stunning while working or not and that's really an understatement. I'm driving from CT to MN next week, hopefully boondocking with the "Campfire."

Reaction Score
Honestly, it looks lame and devoid of character. You need something that consumes wood. Nothing like that smell and crackling of the fire.

Devoid of character? 90% of the firepits I've ever been around are the generic gray paving tiles in a circle.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Devoid of character? 90% of the firepits I've ever been around are the generic gray paving tiles in a circle.
I grew up in the country. A hole bordered by mini boulders was the life. If I had the room I would go that route. But yeah, many people today just want that blocked void for the ambiance.

Seeing these steel bowls does't intrigue me. Especially w/ propane.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I grew up in the country. A hole bordered by mini boulders was the life. If I had the room I would go that route. But yeah, many people today just want that blocked void for the ambiance.

What part about this don’t you understand? There is no propane involved. It burns wood. Period.

You are free to come over and check mine out.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Good reviews here!

I bought the Solo "Ranger" firepit, one size smaller than the "Bonfire" therefore a bit more portable which was a primary consideration for not opting for the "Bonfire." I camp and fish a lot so the smaller size fit my needs.

Both employ similar design and utilize "gasification" for max efficiency, reduced smoke and minimal ash/clean up.
I originally ordered the Ranger because I thought that was the one my buddy who recommended it told me to get. I then learned that he had the Bonfire, and he explained his concern that the Ranger would require smaller logs than standard size firewood, which would also be a concern for me because all we have is standard firewood and I don’t want to have to buy special wood for the thing. So I canceled that order and got the Bonfire instead.

At 20 lbs it is a little less portable than the Ranger, but it was fine to carry up and down three flights of stairs in the bag that comes with it. Definitely glad we went with the bigger one, because even slightly larger logs do not fit comfortably without poking up the sides, and that can make the fire rage a bit more than desired...have I mentioned that I have a problem restraining myself with fires?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
What part about this don’t you understand? There is no propane involved. It burns wood. Period.

You are free to come over and check mine out.
In Tom's original post there was an image of a gas jobber. It stuck in my head.

Reaction Score
In Tom's original post there was an image of a gas jobber. It stuck in my head.

Where is the image of a “gas jobber”? I just went through and saw nothing that would indicate that. Pretty clearly states it burns wood.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I looked at the link and it is 19.4" W x 14". That seems small. What are the dimensions on yours?
Those are the dimensions of mine. But that doesn't include the stand or the screen.

Reaction Score
Quick question - can you add charcoal to the bottom of a regular fire pit? I would think it would help in getting the wood going.

We recently got a round cast iron bowl shaped pit & haven't used it yet.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
no porch required
city-boys-be-like-come-over-for-a-bonfire-country-5925306.png

Lol our ‘fire pit‘ is a 6’x6’ square of fire block surrounded, at distance by trees eand shrubs. When my kids were younger it was great because it gave kids an area to hang out that was a little bit of a walk from the house but close enough. With a fire going it really does give a vibe of being in the middle of nowhere camping. At this point though, when I am thinking about redoing our deck, possibly making it into a patio, possibly not, I toy with one of these as a little more intimate alternative.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Where is the image of a “gas jobber”? I just went through and saw nothing that would indicate that. Pretty clearly states it burns wood.
Okay...i delved into the site.

I'll admit this picture threw me. Looks like a gas-fired item. The reignition is an interesting technology.:

1595164030260.png

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Quick question - can you add charcoal to the bottom of a regular fire pit? I would think it would help in getting the wood going.

We recently got a round cast iron bowl shaped pit & haven't used it yet.
Use fatwood or similar firestarter logs

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just thought I'd follow up after @8893 pointed me here. The Bonfire solo stove is currently on sale, $65 off with free shipping and returns.

One question, is the shield/screen absolutely necessary? It's expensive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom