Fenway BC Bus Trip | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fenway BC Bus Trip

Uconngal

Visit us at the Thirst and Ten Ambulance
Reaction Score
Will you offer bus/tailgate only if someone has their own tickets to the game? I suspect as a donor I might be able to get better seats than you might be able to provide with group tickets yet I am interested in the transportation and tailgate option if available.

Reaction Score
@Ryan Phalen FYI...

UConn Football @UConnFootball 22s 22 seconds ago
Tickets for Football at Fenway will be on sale May 1-7 to UConn priority customers, May 8-14 to BC fans and May 15 to the general public.

UConn Football‏ @UConnFootball 27s 27 seconds ago
UConn fans with priority status for BC tix will get an email with directions and promo code to purchase during May 1-7 window.

Fenway%20V3.jpg

Reaction Score
Will you offer bus/tailgate only if someone has their own tickets to the game? I suspect as a donor I might be able to get better seats than you might be able to provide with group tickets yet I am interested in the transportation and tailgate option if available.

Yes. I am a donor as well but dealing with UConn or Fenway directly SHOULD get me better seats but I've been wrong on that before. Understand if people want to just buy their own tickets but just to have it out there, the bus/tailgate packages and stand-alone options will be more expensive when you factor the ticket in than the full packages.

Reaction Score
Make sure you do your best NOT to get tickets that are far down close to the playing surface. Because the pitch of the seats at Fenway is so low, those seats are likely going to have a very obstructed view of the game with everyone standing along the sidelines. Fortunately both teams will be on the opposite end, but there still will be people there blocking the views.

Reaction Score
Bus/tailgates on sale. Just sent to my group:

I've gotten emails from a few of you about the BC/UConn Fenway game tickets going on sale next week through UConn. While we haven't been able to confirm a price on group tickets, we are hearing that they are offering two price points to the public next week: $54 and $72. While we expect to be able to get a group discount, I don't want anyone to feel like they missed out.

That being said, if you want to take the bus and tailgate with us, packages are currently on sale now! In addition to full packages that include the $54 level ticket for $164/person, we have listed the bus packages for sale at $110/person for the bus/tailgate, with a special for the first 10 groups of 5+ to save $25 (www.cfbtravel.com). Note that we are constrained by space at the tailgate as of now, so we are limiting sales to three buses until we can confirm additional space at the tailgate (likely July/August). Due to this, we won't be selling stand-alone tailgates or tickets yet (check back in August).

For those that haven't, be sure to sign up for our mailing list to receive all of our emails going forward (CFB Travel). This email is going out to those that purchased for the BC game in addition to the CFB Mailing list but going forward I will only email those that have opted in (no need to re-sign up for the mailing list if you have already).
Hope to see everyone again up in Boston. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Obligatory Boneyard post since I just blasted it to the crew that went on my BC trip:

As many of you are aware of by now, UConn will be playing Boston College at Fenway Park on November 18th! I simply want to make sure that you all know I am working on putting something together for a bus trip, game tickets and a pre-game tailgate- so there's no need to rush to buy whatever the school comes out with because I should be able to save you a few bucks on everything!

I've already been in contact with both UConn and BC Athletics to make sure we can have another successful trip to Boston in 2017- hopefully with a different outcome on the field this time.

Look forward to talking to all of you sometime soon!
Go Huskies!
I don't mean to quote Sir Laurence Olivier but "is it safe?". I seem to recall fan buses getting pelted with various objects a few years back. Let's just hope everyone is a little better behaved this time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't mean to quote Sir Laurence Olivier but "is it safe?". I seem to recall fan buses getting pelted with various objects a few years back. Let's just hope everyone is a little better behaved this time.

Nary an issue last year on campus w/ the busses.

Reaction Score
Nary an issue last year on campus w/ the busses.
I think things will be fine this time as well. Just wanted to remind people of what happened a few years ago. There is definitely a rivalry. Lol

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
That was BC at the Rent. I'm pretty sure Flipper used it against as in CR.

Reaction Score
That was BC at the Rent. I'm pretty sure Flipper used it against as in CR.
Yes, you're right it was. Things have changed though, Flipper is gone and BC Football and basketball needs that rivalry right now.

Reaction Score
Bus/tailgates on sale. Just sent to my group:

I've gotten emails from a few of you about the BC/UConn Fenway game tickets going on sale next week through UConn. While we haven't been able to confirm a price on group tickets, we are hearing that they are offering two price points to the public next week: $54 and $72. While we expect to be able to get a group discount, I don't want anyone to feel like they missed out.

That being said, if you want to take the bus and tailgate with us, packages are currently on sale now! In addition to full packages that include the $54 level ticket for $164/person, we have listed the bus packages for sale at $110/person for the bus/tailgate, with a special for the first 10 groups of 5+ to save $25 (www.cfbtravel.com). Note that we are constrained by space at the tailgate as of now, so we are limiting sales to three buses until we can confirm additional space at the tailgate (likely July/August). Due to this, we won't be selling stand-alone tailgates or tickets yet (check back in August).

For those that haven't, be sure to sign up for our mailing list to receive all of our emails going forward (CFB Travel). This email is going out to those that purchased for the BC game in addition to the CFB Mailing list but going forward I will only email those that have opted in (no need to re-sign up for the mailing list if you have already).
Hope to see everyone again up in Boston. Go Huskies!

Great advice .. We thought we had excellent seats at Yankee stadium. 8th row on 50 yard line. Yea, right. Couldn't see a thing. Watched the game on the Jumbo tron.

Was already to buy my tickets tomorrow, but realized we don't know the time of the game. Mid November at night doesn't sound good to me. Does anyone have any inside info as to time or is this another ESPN week before decision?

Reaction Score
Is ESPN covering this game? Last year the game was at 1 PM no TV. Maybe the ACC Network will pick the game up with a 12:30 kick off.

In the future, other than the already scheduled home and home, it will be tough getting on the BC schedule unless we do not mind either not getting a home game or playing 2 out 3 at BC. ESPN is putting a lot of pressure on the ACC to go to 9 conference games and BC wants 7 home games. They have scheduled home and home with P5 teams. I would agree to giving BC 2 out 3 provided one game was at either Fenway or Gillette. That way it really does not matter that BC would be the home team. It will look like a neutral site game even with BC picking up the extra revenue. 2 out of 3 at Alumni Stadium would not work.

Reaction Score
We will have tickets and tailgates available.
Hey Ryan - just signed up for the boneyard. I have heard many good things about your trips. I have 20-25 ppl who want to go. Can you accommodate that many? Thanks

Reaction Score
Hey Ryan - just signed up for the boneyard. I have heard many good things about your trips. I have 20-25 ppl who want to go. Can you accommodate that many? Thanks
Absolutely, more than happy to. If you haven't gotten tickets yet hold off, I'm waiting on Fenway to give me a group rate which will be at least $5/person less than what we bought at- they told me they don't charge the $5/ticket fee to groups.

Reach out to me directly ryan@cfbtravel.com if you have any questions or want to get on a quick call!

Reaction Score
Will there be a cage around the tailgate and the hotel?! I am going to have to be caged up a week prior to playing BC at Fenway.

Reaction Score
With the 7pm gametime, we will be offering stand-alone tailgates. Menu is TBD but just wanted to get out there and say that. If we have over 280 people, we can get the whole bar and make it exclusive. Once I nail down the menu with the manager I'll post a follow-up with pricing and the menu.

Reaction Score
With the 7pm gametime, we will be offering stand-alone tailgates. Menu is TBD but just wanted to get out there and say that. If we have over 280 people, we can get the whole bar and make it exclusive. Once I nail down the menu with the manager I'll post a follow-up with pricing and the menu.
Is there any word on when the ticket only option will be available? I believe you said August would be the time you would start selling them.

Reaction Score
All-
Stand-alone tailgates are now on sale at our website for $25/person: www.cfbtravel.com. We still have full packages (bus/ticket/tailgate) and bus/tailgate packages available- prices are on the website. We also have group tickets- $60 each towards the bleachers and right field grandstands in the UConn section; the tickets are for sale at face value, which is a savings of $5/ticket plus $2.50/order since there are no fees when I buy as a group.

Groups over 10 for any package: contact me directly (ryan@cfbtravel.com) for special lower rates when you pay by check by the end of this month!

Our pre-game tailgate location is at Lir, an Irish bar on Boylston St. Menu includes: assorted wraps, house salad, jameson wings, steak tip sliders, burger sliders, chicken tenders, assorted pizzas, vegie spring rolls and non-alcoholic drinks (soda, water, etc.). Cash bar, NO BYOB ALLOWED; Massachusetts liquor laws prohibit happy hour, open bar and discounts on alcohol (I tried...).

We are able to reserve the entire bar but can only do that after we get 280 people paid since there is a spending minimum- let's do that sooner rather than later!

See everyone on Sunday at the open practice and Go Huskies!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All-
Just over 60 days til the Fenway game. If you're going to get in on the bus, tickets or tailgate, the time is now.

Demand over the next week or so will dictate how many buses I'm able to keep on hold (currently 4; working on selling bus 2 now), where your tickets are in the stadium (more favorable seats sooner) and, most importantly, whether or not we can reserve the entire bar or not since I need to start making payments to all of the vendors.

Work on the members of your group that are on the fence and let's show up at Fenway strong with an exclusive UConn Country bar!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Reaction Score
All-
Just over 30 days left- only one more week to get a guaranteed seat on the bus and before prices go up on all of the components (bus, tickets and tailgate) with package discounts disappearing. Visit the website at www.cfbtravel.com/bcvsuconn to purchase!

For the tailgate, we're at 144 and need about 50+ more to reserve the entire bar. This would simplify the logistics process significantly for everyone so I can just leave names at the door to check in instead of mailing tailgate tickets. Getting to that point would also allow more last-minute sales so your friends that are on the fence can join us; otherwise we need to shut down sales 10+ days ahead of time (at ever-increasing prices) so I can guarantee that the mail will get there, with no ability to do will call (too much brain damage for me).

See everyone soon!
-Ryan

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom