Fenway BC Bus Trip | The Boneyard

Fenway BC Bus Trip

Reaction Score
Obligatory Boneyard post since I just blasted it to the crew that went on my BC trip:

As many of you are aware of by now, UConn will be playing Boston College at Fenway Park on November 18th! I simply want to make sure that you all know I am working on putting something together for a bus trip, game tickets and a pre-game tailgate- so there's no need to rush to buy whatever the school comes out with because I should be able to save you a few bucks on everything!

I've already been in contact with both UConn and BC Athletics to make sure we can have another successful trip to Boston in 2017- hopefully with a different outcome on the field this time.

Look forward to talking to all of you sometime soon!
Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Word to the wise on tailgating - if you plan to do it outside, none of the lots anywhere in the Fenway neighborhood or anywhere nearby allow outside tailgating, open flames, or anything of the like and I believe it may even be illegal. It'd be a lot easier to work to rent out space at a bar near Fenway which shouldn't be hard on a Saturday morning. There are many, many, many bar options <5 min walk from Fenway.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Word to the wise on tailgating - if you plan to do it outside, none of the lots anywhere in the Fenway neighborhood or anywhere nearby allow outside tailgating, open flames, or anything of the like and I believe it may even be illegal. It'd be a lot easier to work to rent out space at a bar near Fenway which shouldn't be hard on a Saturday morning. There are many, many, many bar options <5 min walk from Fenway.

Just sign up for the bus. You'll do better than a bar.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

Stupid Mass and their silly rules.Happy hour being illegal is just so silly.

Reaction Score
My crew went on Ryan's Yankee Stadium trip. I can tell you that he does a first class operation. If the wife & I decide to bus it, Ryan's my Guy. If we decide to make it a weekend & stay with wifey's cousin, we will do the tailgate option. It's a win-win situation.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
we drive ourselves from western Mass, so no bussing.. but Ryan has been doing great trips all the way back to Norte Dame!

and I did NOT drink all that much on the Norte Dame bus... no matter what they may tell you.

Reaction Score
Oops, just posted about bus options for Fenway game. Didn't see this thread. Keep us posted!

Reaction Score
we drive ourselves from western Mass, so no bussing.. but Ryan has been doing great trips all the way back to Norte Dame!

and I did NOT drink all that much on the Norte Dame bus... no matter what they may tell you.
I would cite your performance at Hooters once we got there but as you constantly remind me, you got what you ordered.... :)

Reaction Score
All-
I just booked a bar on Boylston for a tailgate. Guaranteed we will be able to have 150 people but if there isn't another event conflicting with it (which they will know in July/Aug) or if it's a non-noon game we can rent the whole place out for 350 people. First preference will obviously go to those on the buses that I run.

I've also been in contact w the UConn ticket office and they said Fenway will be putting together group ticket packages for us so please be patient once the tickets go on sale!

Reaction Score
I would cite your performance at Hooters once we got there but as you constantly remind me, you got what you ordered.... :)

But there is no way to confirm that since he was only speaking a language he knew. Fortunately the waitress was fluent in drunkenese!

Reaction Score
@Ryan Phalen FYI...

UConn Football @UConnFootball 22s 22 seconds ago
Tickets for Football at Fenway will be on sale May 1-7 to UConn priority customers, May 8-14 to BC fans and May 15 to the general public.

UConn Football‏ @UConnFootball 27s 27 seconds ago
UConn fans with priority status for BC tix will get an email with directions and promo code to purchase during May 1-7 window.
Thanks. I have a call with Fenway scheduled tomorrow- they left me a VM saying there would be no group tickets but then I talked with UConn and they said their would be so I'm just going to get to the bottom of it, cut through all this runaround.

Reaction Score
Thanks. I have a call with Fenway scheduled tomorrow- they left me a VM saying there would be no group tickets but then I talked with UConn and they said their would be so I'm just going to get to the bottom of it, cut through all this runaround.
Are you also going to have a package with hotel included with bus back in the morning?

Reaction Score
Are you also going to have a package with hotel included with bus back in the morning?
This would be a day trip so we'd leave and come back the same day.

I talked with Fenway and they are getting me indicative pricing and guidance on where we will sit so I can start selling full packages.

Reaction Score
This would be a day trip so we'd leave and come back the same day.

I talked with Fenway and they are getting me indicative pricing and guidance on where we will sit so I can start selling full packages.
Ok, so will you be willing to do tailgate/tickets? Or should I move forward on my own. Have a group of 4-5

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom