February Games - Port St Lucie, FL Questions... | The Boneyard

February Games - Port St Lucie, FL Questions...

Reaction Score
I just noticed on the schedule the weekend series vs Michigan at First Data Stadium, Port St Lucie, FL in February. I happen to be planning to be in FL that week and already have tickets to the Mets game on 2/23. The schedule says the UConn game on 2/23 is 11AM. The Mets game starts at 1:10PM. I assume they are starting early so the teams can travel back to CT/MI but 2 hours between games? Is that enough time? I called the box office and he said all the games are in the stadium but I wonder if they will play the 2/23 game on one of the practice fields? Or will they only play 7 innings or will they simply end end the game early if it is not done by 1PM? If anyone has any insight, it will be much appreciated. TIA

Note: The game on 2/22 starts at 6PM which is well after the Mets game at 1PM and the Mets do not play on 2/21 so no issue with those games.

Reaction Score
Just a guess on my part, but with the Mets having a game at 1pm on 2/23, I seriously doubt UConn and Michigan will play that day at First Data Stadium unless they start the game at 8am or something like that. I have to think the more likely thing to happen will be that either the game will be at one of the practice fields, or the teams will play a doubleheader on either Friday or Saturday. Or perhaps they will find another nearby field to play on that day.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Sunday, February 23 game site has been changed from First Data Field to Practice Field #5 on the UConn athletics website. That was quick.

Reaction Score
The Sunday, February 23 game site has been changed from First Data Field to Practice Field #5 on the UConn athletics website. That was quick.
lol. Probably because I called. That makes a lot more sense. Thanks for your input!!

Reaction Score
lol. Probably because I called. That makes a lot more sense. Thanks for your input!!

Before you mentioned you called, I was thinking someone from UConn baseball might be checking out the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
The February 22 Saturday game against Michigan has also been changed to Practice Field #5, with the game time now having been changed to 2pm according to the UConn athletics website. I would have preferred the 6pm start as it originally was, as my wife and I have tickets to the women's basketball game at Gampel at 1pm that day. No doubt I'll be listening to the baseball game while at Gampel, but I won't be able to post game stuff as I usually do. You just can't win them all.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah. After the first change earlier this week, I called the box office again. They said they basically have no idea what’s going on with these games. I hope there is still a game on 2/23 and hopefully it stays at 11am so I can catch some of it before the Mets game. Technically, fans aren’t allowed around the practice fields when there is a Mets game going on so who knows. The guy at the box office said even if that is the case, we should be able to see it from the outfield bar. So we will see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom