February 2021 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

February 2021 UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Caroline Ducharme's game from a week ago. Two things stand out. She is so much better than the competition it's ridiculous. Also, she has a chance to be an incredible player. She pulls off three Paigeish highlight-reel passes, shows post-up skills, the ability to hit off the bounce, and great IQ and anticipation.

Final stats: 38 points (17-29 FG, 4-11 3-PT), 13 rebounds, 11 steals, 5 assists in 22 minutes.

#13 in Blue

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Here's the other Nobles game not posted yet from earlier this month. Ducharme had 29 points (11-23 FG, 3-10 3-PT, 4-5 FT), 15 rebounds, 11 assists, and 6 steals.

Again, she's way too good for this level of competition. Some great passes but I highlight shots at 50:10 and 1:11:25 for examples of her skill.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
There's a lot of game to unpack here. I'd like to see how she fares against stiffer competition and if she can make any of the U teams.
Any good High School team would pick up on that behind the back stuff real fast

Reaction Score
Caroline Ducharme's game from a week ago. Two things stand out. She is so much better than the competition it's ridiculous. Also, she has a chance to be an incredible player. She pulls off three Paigeish highlight-reel passes, shows post-up skills, the ability to hit off the bounce, and great IQ and anticipation.

Final stats: 38 points (17-29 FG, 4-11 3-PT), 13 rebounds, 11 steals, 5 assists in 22 minutes.

#13 in Blue

Couple things I noticed...

1. When she moves to get the ball on offense, she really moves well - with a purpose.
2. Her team defense mindset is excellent. Helps well and great anticipation
3. Her on ball defense needs some work. She got beat pretty badly on a couple mediocre crossovers.
4. Excellent rebounder (although not a ton of competition) - fights for position and has a knack of setting up in the right spot.

I'm hoping she tightens up her D a bit so she can get some serious minutes next year. I can't wait to see how she'll compare with Saylor...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Couple things I noticed...

1. When she moves to get the ball on offense, she really moves well - with a purpose.
2. Her team defense mindset is excellent. Helps well and great anticipation
3. Her on ball defense needs some work. She got beat pretty badly on a couple mediocre crossovers.
4. Excellent rebounder (although not a ton of competition) - fights for position and has a knack of setting up in the right spot.

I'm hoping she tightens up her D a bit so she can get some serious minutes next year. I can't wait to see how she'll compare with Saylor...

Ducharme's foot speed is really good especially for someone her height. But her IQ and skill level are supreme. I'm going to upload her latest game here in a few minutes. I hope people are watching them.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Caroline Ducharme's latest scrimmage/game from Friday 2/19. In this one she had a very tepid first 10 minutes going 4-11 and missing all 4 of her threes. After that all she did was hit 13 of 14 shots to finish the game including all 3 threes.

Yes, the competition is bad but she is a joy to watch. Every game there are incredible passes and skill shots galore: off the drive, off glass, up-and-unders, pull-ups, post-ups, you name it.

Final line: 37 points (17-25 FG, 3-7 3-PT), 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Ducharme is 10-32 or 31% from three in the four games I've viewed recently. She tends to force some from way out occasionally so that percentage is a bit misleading. Either way, she can certainly knock down threes. But it's her overall skill level that intrigues me. She makes all kinds of shots that you just don't see high schoolers or even many college players making. Much more variety in the shot-making department than KLS had at the same stage even if maybe not quite as pure from deep.

Reaction Score
Ducharme's foot speed is really good especially for someone her height. But her IQ and skill level are supreme. I'm going to upload her latest game here in a few minutes. I hope people are watching them.

I try to catch at least a bit of these games. I especially hit the spots you point out (if and when you do). Thank you for doing this!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Caroline Ducharme's latest scrimmage/game from Friday 2/19. In this one she had a very tepid first 10 minutes going 4-11 and missing all 4 of her threes. After that all she did was hit 13 of 14 shots to finish the game including all 3 threes.

If you're scrunched for time, in the second half of this game Caroline Ducharme was 12-12 from field, 3-3 from three, for 27 points in 12-1/2 minutes of playing time.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Posted this Ducharme game/scrimmage a few weeks ago but didn't give specifics. She had 28 points in 18 minutes played on 11-17 shooting and 5-8 from three. She was 5-5 from three at one point and that doesn't include one she hit just after the halftime buzzer from about seven feet behind the line.

16:05 - Offensive rebound off missed free throw, spin, left-handed make off glass

41:50 - Way behind 3-point line make after the buzzer

47:06 - Pull-up jumper from the elbow

58:14 - misses a corner three, team rebound, drives from outside the line to hit one-handed jumper off glass

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Eu8EYDBWYAM-9ar

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
One more Caroline Ducharme performance, this time from a year ago.

22 points on 10-13 shooting, 2-4 from three, 6 rebounds, 2 steals, and 2 assists that would've been 6/7 had her teammates finished.

She sat the entire 4th quarter.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/24

Paulina Paris: 28 points, 4 assists

While Pearson had an off day, Paris and Caldwell picked up the slack, with Brown saying afterward Paris has been better than advertised.

Paris has quickly established herself as one of the best players in New Jersey. She’s a dynamic scorer who can slash and finish at the rim easily or she can hit an outside shot and already has college range on her 3-pointers. She fits in well with Caldwell, who can do the same things and distribute the ball to teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom