Favorite Guitar Solos in Studio Album Songs | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Favorite Guitar Solos in Studio Album Songs

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
@UHF and @HuskyinWRNY I read somewhere that she had some issues a few years ago and stopped playing. I hope that this young lady decides to start playing again she is so versatile when it comes to playing the guitar. She can play almost anything be it rock, blues, country, even classical. Here she is playing with another prodigy Sina Doering with their guitar and drum cover of Iron Maiden's "The Trooper", enjoy.

Reaction Score
@UHF and @HuskyinWRNY I read somewhere that she had some issues a few years ago and stopped playing. I hope that this young lady decides to start playing again she is so versatile when it comes to playing the guitar. She can play almost anything be it rock, blues, country, even classical. Here she is playing with another prodigy Sina Doering with their guitar and drum cover of Iron Maiden's "The Trooper", enjoy.

omg, i would pay money to see these two perform

UHF

Reaction Score
Iron Butterfly.
In A Gadda Da Vida.

17 minute song also includes a well known drum solo, as well as a keyboard solo.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
@UHF here is Sina's cover of In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida. She was only 18 years old when it was done.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Wouldn't call it a favorite but rather one that caught me off guard. I was listening to Ram yesterday and I'd either forgotten or never really paid much attention to his solo at the end of "Too Many People". It's not what you'd think of when you think McCartney. Solo starts at 3:06 and it's another 25 secs or so before he goes nuts.

Reaction Score
Van Halen's 'Eruption'
Led Zeppelin's 'Rock and Roll'
Rage Against the Machine's cover of 'Maggie's Farm'

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Love the song Blue Sky by the Allman Brothers. There are two solos back to back, one by Dwayne Allman beginning at 1:10 and one by Dickie Betts beginning at 2:40. I took up the guitar about three years ago and set my mind recently on learning the first solo by heart. Took over a month but I got it!

This is the winner for me.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Late to this thread. Trying not to duplicate the many good entries here. Alvin Lee became a legend at Woodstock with this one. Solo starts around 2:15. Studio version. Live is mind blowing.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Worth a watch, partly because he plays almost all of them but also for the information about why they are so good.

Reaction Score
Steve Lukather

The story behind this is awesome.
This was back when I believe Eddie Van Halen and maybe Steve also did a solo on one of the Michael Jackson songs- Beat it?

Anyway Lionel - who was matching anyone at the time at banging out hits - tells Steve he wants to use him for this song.

So Steve walks in the studio they play the track for him and he just fools around in his guitar trying to come up with stuff as the song is going on.

When it’s over Steve says, OK I’m ready. And Lionel says we’re all set.
Steve’s like what are you talking about let me try again I can do better than that and Lionel’s like no, that’s exactly what we want.

One time with no prep work and that’s a hell of a solo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom