OT: - Favorite arcade game machine in the 1980s and where was it located? | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite arcade game machine in the 1980s and where was it located?

Reaction Score
I had my go to places, a little deli in Allingtown, West Haven; a big arcade in New Haven on Center Street, between Church and Orange; but my favorite place was the Donkey Kong Machine in the T-shirt printing shop on the second floor of the Chapel Square Mall in New Haven.

Here's a bit of nostalgia on 80s Arcade Machines from Boston:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
1604075192716.png

1604075218347.png

I could play that thing forever, literally. I have no idea why. I'd put a quarter in and play until I got bored or had to leave.

Galaga was fun too.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Double Dragon or Ninja Gaiden at either Milford Amusement or Quassy Amusement Park.

I downloaded both to PS4 and play once in a while with my kid so he can appreciate the classics...

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
There was a Ms. PAC-Man machine where I worked during 1982-84. We grew from 11 to 33 employees crammed into the company owner's home basement, while a standalone new construction building took shape nearby, and required municipal hearings and ultimately some 'payoffs' to cure certain substantial 'deficiencies' in siting/design/construction in order to help the relocation project over the finish line.

For the tabulation of marketing research surveys, I wrote computer specs on a DEC terminal hardwired from our mid-Nassau County, LI location to the West 34th St NYC mainframes of our lead supplier. Most printouts were batch jobs printed out in the city overnight and delivered by messenger service the next mid-morning. But when necessary, I could slowly print out the 4-part sprocketed paper, and have others help me do the separations and binding.

On those late nights particularly, I played Ms. Pac-Man for free, for hours on end, and got quite good at it. This was while a family with parents, 3 kids, 2 dogs, and a housekeeper went about their weeknight routines on the two floors above me. After that, I'd drive a traffic-free LIE back to my home in a village 35 miles away, half way out to Montauk from Manhattan.

Reaction Score
Bad Dudes, Shinobi, Kung , Spy hunter - sub base bowling alley
not in 80s but Mortal Kobat -ATL airport
Oh man.....Bad Dudes at the sub base bowling alley. I think I’m gonna cry.

Reaction Score
Guarantee that kid with the thick Boston accent claiming video games are better than being on the streets smoking pot.........

Ended up on the streets smoking pot.

Reaction Score
There was a Ms. PAC-Man machine where I worked during 1982-84. We grew from 11 to 33 employees crammed into the company owner's home basement, while a standalone new construction building took shape nearby, and required municipal hearings and ultimately some 'payoffs' to cure certain substantial 'deficiencies' in siting/design/construction in order to help the relocation project over the finish line.

For the tabulation of marketing research surveys, I wrote computer specs on a DEC terminal hardwired from our mid-Nassau County, LI location to the West 34th St NYC mainframes of our lead supplier. Most printouts were batch jobs printed out in the city overnight and delivered by messenger service the next mid-morning. But when necessary, I could slowly print out the 4-part sprocketed paper, and have others help me do the separations and binding.

On those late nights particularly, I played Ms. Pac-Man for free, for hours on end, and got quite good at it. This was while a family with parents, 3 kids, 2 dogs, and a housekeeper went about their weeknight routines on the two floors above me. After that, I'd drive a traffic-free LIE back to my home in a village 35 miles away, half way out to Montauk from Manhattan.

Great story.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Started with Space Invaders in the student union at Loomis Chaffee then in college in socal, Missile Commander, Bomb Jack (a game nobody's heard of) and Millipede.

Reaction Score
I used to love playing asteroids at The Brave Bull (John Fitch Pub) on Rt 5. Played pin ball there as well. Played Pac Man and Ms. Pac Man at the Oakwood in West Hartford. I played my first Pong game at Bowl-o-Rama on the Berlin Turnpike. Played at many other places but those were the most frequent.

Reaction Score
Just thought of another one from probably mid-90's...Mortal Kombat at the ice cream shop in "downtown" Middlefield. Nothing like some tooty fruity while beating the living hell out someone...(he said not creepily)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom