Fans at games? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Fans at games?

Reaction Score

We just hit over 100k cases today in the USA and we are arguing about fans at the games. LOL! I think not having fans inside is very prudent and a smart decision. People's lives are more inportant than our enjoyment to watch our favorite team live.

Reaction Score

We just hit over 100k cases today in the USA and we are arguing about fans at the games. LOL! I think not having fans inside is very prudent and a smart decision. People's lives are more inportant than our enjoyment to watch our favorite team live.
You wouldn't know that from reading this site, sounds like the world is ending for some people if they can't watch in person this year

Reaction Score
Some other interesting info I gathered:
  • They estimated it is going to cost $1.5 million in COVID testing to make this season happen (I do not know if that is just MBB or WBB, too)
That seems high to me for just basketball (maybe they are costing out a full year not just the actual season?)... I remember reading recently that its costing University of Buffalo football almost $30k a week testing its 110+ football players, 11 coaches and dozen or so support staff 4 times a week.

Makes me wonder how many days a week they plan on testing each team (and whether all are PCR tests, antigen tests or some combination thereof).

Last edited:

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Honestly one of the only reasons I go is because the energy put off by a big crowd. I'd rather stay home if it's practically empty.

Reaction Score
That seems high to me for just basketball (maybe they are costing out a full year not just the actual season?)... I remember reading recently that its costing University of Buffalo football almost $30k a week testing its 110+ football players, 11 coaches and dozen or so support staff 4 times a week.

Makes me wonder how many days a week they plan on testing each team (and whether all are PCR tests, antigen tests or some combination thereof).

Then maybe thats the entire athletic department that figure is coming from since it seems for now winter sports and spring sports are happening

Reaction Score
If fans are going to be allowed into Gampel I think it should be all students unless they do not fill the quota. Have the fans sit above 10 rows off the court so causing a team member or team staff member or anyone from the opponents group to get the virus is avoided. I will donate my tx no problem. Let the students have some fun this year as they are least likely to have a bad outcome.

Reaction Score
If fans are going to be allowed into Gampel I think it should be all students unless they do not fill the quota. Have the fans sit above 10 rows off the court so causing a team member or team staff member or anyone from the opponents group to get the virus is avoided. I will donate my tx no problem. Let the students have some fun this year as they are least likely to have a bad outcome.
As long as they stay away from elders. Better to have nobody at games.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Idea has merit but students couldn't handle especially when they start drinking.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom