Fans at games? | The Boneyard

Fans at games?

Reaction Score
Any rumors about fans at games? and what of season tickets already paid for?

Reaction Score
Any rumors about fans at games? and what of season tickets already paid for?
There’s some info about this in the thread about no games at XL until fall 2021. But it’s expected that 1.5-2k fans allowed. I’m not sure about season tickets

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
Hearing that season ticket info coming soon and that choices offered for tix already paid for may not be very popular...

Reaction Score
There’s some info about this in the thread about no games at XL until fall 2021. But it’s expected that 1.5-2k fans allowed. I’m not sure about season tickets
If that truly is the GP number and a non season ticket holder can score a pair then I will mask up, seat wisely and go and more than once. And I mean mask on at all times (no beer anyway) and 10 ft. separation. Very doable in that gym and I am totally comfortable in that scenario. Just my view.

Reaction Score
Hearing that season ticket info coming soon and that choices offered for tix already paid for may not be very popular...
My ticket rep called me yesterday to discuss options for people who bought for this season. I was at work; he's supposed to call back today. Said certain options will be "more incentivized than others"

Reaction Score
My ticket rep called me yesterday to discuss options for people who bought for this season. I was at work; he's supposed to call back today. Said certain options will be "more incentivized than others"
hmmmmmm

Reaction Score
Fans are extremely important for college athletics. Most of our opponents will be allowing fans.

Reaction Score
My rep called today and there are 3 options:
1) This is the option they’re pushing the hardest. Essentially you “donate” your full seat donation and ticket cost to the Athletic Dept. in exchange you get double the points for this season, you get tickets to an away game next year (not clear on the details) and you get priority for this year if there are fans in attendance you can go for “free” (even though you paid for your tickets)
2) Donate half your seat donation and half of your ticket cost to the Athletic Dept. They then give you 2nd priority for seating this year if there are fans at games, but you have to pay for the tickets. The remaining balance that isn’t donated will be rolled into 2021 tickets as a credit.
3) Donate half of your seat donation and get a full refund for the cost of your tickets. You will still have the ability to keep your same seats for next year.

That may not be all the specifics, but this is what the rep told me, so don’t shoot the messenger. All the details will be coming out in an email in early November.

Reaction Score
1) This is the option they’re pushing the hardest. Essentially you “donate” your full seat donation and ticket cost to the Athletic Dept. in exchange you get double the points for this season, you get tickets to an away game next year (not clear on the details) and you get priority for this year if there are fans in attendance you can go for “free” (even though you paid for your tickets)
2) Donate half your seat donation and half of your ticket cost to the Athletic Dept. They then give you 2nd priority for seating this year if there are fans at games, but you have to pay for the tickets. The remaining balance that isn’t donated will be rolled into 2021 tickets as a credit.
3) Donate half of your seat donation and get a full refund for the cost of your tickets. You will still have the ability to keep your same seats for next year.

That may not be all the specifics, but this is what the rep told me, so don’t shoot the messenger. All the details will be coming out in an email in early November.

All 3 of these suck

Reaction Score

I can't believe they're not offering a roll-over option. I'll happily loan the AD my ticket cost for a year but I'm not just giving it away

Reaction Score

those are all awful. Is Hathaway back?

Reaction Score

so the implication is if you request a full refund you lose the right to keep the same seats next year

Reaction Score
I can't believe they're not offering a roll-over option. I'll happily loan the AD my ticket cost for a year but I'm not just giving it away

I remember explicitly discussing this with my rep that the rollover option would be there like the football season tickets. Shouldn’t be penalized for locking in this year even with uncertainty. I did it specifically to choose my seats not counting on using them this year but having them for next year when they’re a preseason top 10 team and seats are in more demand.

Reaction Score
so the implication is if you request a full refund you lose the right to keep the same seats next year
No, that wasn't my understanding. Even if you ask for your full ticket refund (option #3) you still get first dibs of your seats for next season. In this scenario you would forfeit or "gift" 50% of the donation money to the Athletic Department but you would get back the full amount you paid for the tickets themselves. I was a little shocked that all 3 "options" effectively took away half of the seat donation, but for me I'm likely looking at Option #3 as I don't see myself or family attending games this year and there's a very good chance the state might not even let fans attend at all. To be honest, I probably would have donated the full seat donation $$ if they weren't insisting on "taking" half of it without any choice to the fans. They really aren't great options, but the Rep I spoke with was trying to sell me on Option #1 saying that the Athletic Dept desperately needed the $$ for COVID testing and safety protocols of players and coaches.

Reaction Score
to clarify - if you are given the option to and choose to receive a full refund of both the seat donation and the ticket cost, you'll lose the right to retain your seat location for next year.

Reaction Score
to clarify - if you are given the option to and choose to receive a full refund of both the seat donation and the ticket cost, you'll lose the right to retain your seat location for next year.
No, this isn’t what I was told, unless there was a 4th option. There is no option to get all of your $$ back. Best case is you lose half of your seat donation $$, but you get to keep your seat selection next year. Maybe you heard something different but this is what I was told.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Well I haven’t paid my donation so...

Reaction Score
This is true. My rep said this as well.

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
Has anyone seen the policy in writing yet??? I'm waiting to SEE it for my own eyes...Think that options laid out above are amazingly aggressive and antagonistic when it should be neither BUT i'll wait to see it with my own eyes

Reaction Score
I can attest to what Hurleyman said too. I told my rep that I’m in a difficult spot in that I have 2 tix to Gampel and 4 to XL. I know that two of the guys I go with to games at XL will want no part of these options. My ticket rep did say they would work something out with me where I’d be able to keep seats even though I can’t commit to donating my XL funds as it’s not all my money. Not sure what I will do yet

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score

Number 3 is the option that was laid out in the documents provided back in June. And you had to opt out by Sept 18th. That's the only reason I was willing to commit, but I'm only out $25 for the seat donation so it was worth it to lock in seat locations for next year.

Now, if they dont have fans at games, I can understand people being pissed about the 50% seat donation.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
No. You get a full refund, donate half the seat donation, and keep your same seats for next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom