Facility Investment Together Surcharge/Fee Coming This Year | The Boneyard

Facility Investment Together Surcharge/Fee Coming This Year

Reaction Score
FIT Email.jpg

Facilities Investment Together

>>However, to begin construction of state of the art facilities in the spring of 2018, we need everyone in UConn Nation to participate and invest. Beginning with the 2017-18 sport seasons, we have established a new and modest F.I.T. (Facilities Investment Together) fee on all Husky athletic tickets. There will be a $5 surcharge on every football ticket, $2 for each men’s ice hockey and men’s/women’s basketball ticket and $1 for each men’s/women’s soccer ticket. .I.T. fee will be applicable to season, mini-plan and single-game purchases, but no assessment for UConn student tickets.<<

New facilities info link

Link to feasibility study on new Baseball/Soccer/Softball/Ice Hockey

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's kind of odd to me that UConn is doubling and tripling down on athletics given our conference situation.

Especially odd since these are non revenue sports.

At some point the money has to run out, right?

It's called going all in with 7/2 and hoping they don't call your bluff.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
all for this. our baseball field doesn't even have lights, which with how much success we've had in the sport is an embarrassment. even if there is no conference realignment attached to this these programs deserve modern day playing facilities. proud we have a university that values all sports.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
all for this. our baseball field doesn't even have lights, which with how much success we've had in the sport is an embarrassment. even if there is no conference realignment attached to this these programs deserve modern day playing facilities. proud we have a university that values all sports.
Baseball needs to be saved, but m/w tennis and golf need to be canned. We can't afford them anymore and we have too many sports for even a P5 school (see UCLA with less male sports than us).

Reaction Score
Baseball needs to be saved, but m/w tennis and golf need to be canned. We can't afford them anymore and we have too many sports for even a P5 school (see UCLA with less male sports than us).

Get a new schtick dude... every chance you get you spit the cut tennis/golf/swimming/track crap out. We get it. Move on. It's getting old and repetitive.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
It's kind of odd to me that UConn is doubling and tripling down on athletics given our conference situation.

Especially odd since these are non revenue sports.

At some point the money has to run out, right?

I feel exactly where you're coming from, CHB.

This may be a case of "you can't win the money if you don't roll the dice".

I think we're in the middle of our all in moment. I just pray the powers that be know much more than they're sharing.

EDIT: That being said, I'm cool with the surcharges but completely get those that have reasons to oppose.

Reaction Score
Wow and wow again...Did Wacky Boob leave something in now Wacky Dave's water cooler....????
First he signs off on now Corny Bob's exit fee while supposedly already talking to Randy....Sends the message early there would be no increase in ticket prices...
Now with declining attendance in all sports he decides this is the way to go? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Not going to rant, just think it is simply the opposite of what the AD should be doing at this time. While I support all the sports he is trying to improve facilities for, it should not be on the backs of those that have suffered through the PP & BD football era.

With the donations being anywhere from $100 a seat to $400 or more us diehards should not be taxed any more. This at least until we see some teams that would entice friends to join us at a game. This should fill The Dog House for Holy Cross....Head bang

DB is either ill informed or as stubborn as Diaco not to see the situation. One could give up four seasons tickets this year and go with one interested friend and sit anywhere they want to. This with free tickets or one picked up in the lot for a third of face value....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I just assumed it was because there are fewer games to "tax".

Yeah they just need to sell football tickets more than any other. But I'm sure we are talking about negligible differences.

Hell if they stop with the firesales when they panic that alone would warm my heart.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I figured it was because Football gets the most tickets bought solely because the sport and venue allows it. I'm sure we're all right in some way.

Reaction Score
Since nobody will actually donate money to the athletic department I'm not sure what the other options are.
Well we could always have just added the cost to the student fees... like Rutgers did...lol

Reaction Score

Yup... and ADD mentions it in the letter as well. Football will be first impacted though:

>>The UConn Board of Trustees approved this funding strategy in January 2016. However, I did not feel comfortable implementing it without providing everyone advance notice, prior to making a decision to purchase season tickets. <<

It'll run me another $105 for just football but worth it for the good of the order.

Reaction Score
Is this FIT fee going to be on top of all the order, ticket, and delivery fees? Or...

we're looking at
30-35 for football
32 for full bball ST
28 for hockey ST
26 or so for soccer ST

What they should do... If a ticket cost 44 total, they should have an option of bumping it up it to 50 and $6 goes to the AD.

Just another way of fundraising than making people push the donate 10,25,50,100,etc

C

Chief00

It was interesting that Benedict sent an email that the BOT approved a $5 per football ticket surcharge to fund soccer and baseball facilities. He wanted to let season ticket holders know. Basketball is also paying a couple bucks per ticket.

It may not seem like a lot but when you buy eight tickets like I do that's a $240 increase next season after watching 6 years of very difficult football.

It's not so much the money - it's principle - football is losing money like crazy and in CT's budget shell game - football is now subsidizing two other sports. Kind of like cutting the state budget by moving expenses to the cities and towns. Just a shell game and no meaningful improvement.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Since nobody will actually donate money to the athletic department I'm not sure what the other options are.

Marge will you allow me to play Devil's Advocate?

The other option would be not building practice facilities for three non-revenue sports by taxing the revenue sports.

After further review I'm not sure why baseball and softball are getting facilities off the hockey program.

And yes I know the baseball field doesn't have lights. Two things: There is a much better baseball facility 8 miles away at Eastern and nobody wants to go to night baseball games in Storrs/Windham when college baseball is played anyway. There are maybe 2 weeks of the season where the weather isn't horrific.

I don't care about paying - I care about keeping the football and basketball program on life support. Putting ticket sales at risk with surcharges is a dangerous game for non-revenue facilities.

I guess in AD Dave we trust.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom