Facilities question | The Boneyard

Facilities question

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I hear all of the time that certain schools or certain pro franchises have better facilities than others and I know these can be a big recruiting tool, but what distinguishes good facilities from mediocre ones and what are some examples of how a specific university has great facilities?

Reaction Score
That's definitely in the eye of the beholder. Oregon State has good-average weight rooms, locker rooms, practice facility, etc.. But they pitch that everything is right on campus, within a block or two of the dorms, the classrooms, and especially the academic center, which is right across the street. That's helped attract a lot of academic all-stars like Mikayla Pivic to Corvallis - and it's a smart strategy when your in-state rival has all the money in the world, but their practice facility is literally over the river and through the woods from campus.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Modern is a big part of it. Its variations of things really. A 10 year old locker room may not be so nice - listened to the color commentator (Holly W?) on the Texas game the other day going on and on about her visit to the Texas locker-room in their new arena. First rate weight facilities - Arizona added facilities on the north end of the stadium, and we attended a couple events (available to non-members) in the "club" located on the top deck. From where you enter the elevators you see weight equipment through a glass wall that looks like it is from outer space.

As mentioned above, the academic center for athletes is across from both the stadium and McKale Center, and is new. The practice facility for football is where they host the pre-game Wildcat Club tailgate (donors can but or get tickets, open for 2 hours before the game) and it is very nice. It is also nice if actual games are played in a decent facility. When we were traveling around following Rutgers WBB, we were in some really unappealing facilities - Manley Fieldhouse at Syracuse comes to mind back in the day. McDonough at Georgetown.

As someone said, it is in the eye of the beholder, but there are clearly differences between schools.

Reaction Score
State of the art basketball facilities that they don't have to share. I think Texas A&M has the best facilities.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I looked for the article from a couple of years ago on where Nika teained in Zagreb. It sounded state of the art. Maybe during the late middle ages. My favorite part was when she said they didn’t have weights; they had to find heavy tree branches to lift.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom