OT: - Facebook Hacked | The Boneyard

OT: Facebook Hacked

Reaction Score
I received an email at midnight that my password was changed from an IP address in Austin. It wasn't me. I cannot log on to Facebook now and the only solution that I can find is for them to send me a code to my email so I can reset my password. Unfortunately, my email address was also changed. Talk about a circle jerk. Does anyone have any experience with being hacked in Facebook and what they did to resolve? TIA

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Facebook sucks
Consider yourself lucky
But if you want to get it back I would contact them via their contact numbers(good luck) or have someone in your family with same last name contact them on their computer and ask that their security group get in touch with you via phone - make sure you know any answers to those hokey security questions that they may have had you choose at your initial log in
Also it may involve secured mailings of Picture ID and subsequent zoom type connection to ensure as best as possible your identity
Final suggestion - make up a whole new sign in name and start from scratch - I know that sucks - I did it once 10 years ago and it was not good - I am sure I didn't contact everyone I should have with the change

Reaction Score
Facebook sucks
Consider yourself lucky
But if you want to get it back I would contact them via their contact numbers(good luck) or have someone in your family with same last name contact them on their computer and ask that their security group get in touch with you via phone - make sure you know any answers to those hokey security questions that they may have had you choose at your initial log in
Also it may involve secured mailings of Picture ID and subsequent zoom type connection to ensure as best as possible your identity
Final suggestion - make up a whole new sign in name and start from scratch - I know that sucks - I did it once 10 years ago and it was not good - I am sure I didn't contact everyone I should have with the change
Thanks. I’ll try that. I only care since I recently got in touch with dorm mates from the Frats and I don’t have their contact info. Otherwise it is a time sink and I’m better off without it

Reaction Score
Facebook sucks
Consider yourself lucky
Thanks for the useful info

Reaction Score
That's why I fly under the radar w such matters. Hard to believe there might be a market for my butt scratching.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I received an email at midnight that my password was changed from an IP address in Austin. It wasn't me. I cannot log on to Facebook now and the only solution that I can find is for them to send me a code to my email so I can reset my password. Unfortunately, my email address was also changed. Talk about a circle jerk. Does anyone have any experience with being hacked in Facebook and what they did to resolve? TIA

Check your email trash for an email from Facebook saying your email was changed. If it's there, and should be the or your inbox, they'll have provided a link to let them know.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Are u on twitter? Contact FB through Twitter assuming that hasn’t been hacked. They should recognize your IP. I would hope that would help your cause.

Reaction Score
Thank you Temery for reminding me. I tried the link on Friday but it did not work. It worked now and I was able to restore, change my password and my email back to the the original. The tough part was recognizing some of my facebook friend's pictures as we have all changed over the years. I realize that not having facebook is not that big a deal to most but I limit my time on FB and since I am 1200 miles from my siblings now, it is an easy way to keep track of my siblings, nieces and nephews as well as my dorm mates from UConn.

Reaction Score
That's why I fly under the radar w such matters. Hard to believe there might be a market for my butt scratching.
I agree. Hard to believe that someone would want to hack my FB but no shortage of morons and malcontents in this world.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was able to restore, change my password and my email back to the the original.
Given that the account was hacked, maybe change up the password?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom