Explain to me why we didn’t bring in another point guard??? | The Boneyard

Explain to me why we didn’t bring in another point guard???

Reaction Score
We clearly need a player who can dribble the ball well against the press. Why didn’t Hurley get a transfer who could help to beat the press. Was Hurley under the impression that Gaffney can dribble well? We don’t look like a top 25 team based on these last two games. We can’t shoot well and can’t dribble well. I’m not an expert but I think you need to do both of those well in order to be a good team. I’m other news, Hawkins needs 28 minutes a game and Gaffney needs to play less.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I want to see Hawkins get more time but his dribbling in traffic is also a concern.
It’s not great but he’s someone who has show he can get his own show and runs off of screens really well. The offense dies when gaffney is in. Jackson is better at pushing tempo and running than him

Reaction Score
Can point to pg issues, bigs missing bunnies, lousy three point shooting, inability to close out when ahead. Seems like quite a few issues for an alleged top 25 team. Good news is, there does seem to be talent. Staff needs to find a combo that can gel, then improve. Long way to go.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I still am in disbelief people on this board thought Gaffney should start over Cole. Hurley needs to do whatever he can to get Diggins ready because Gaffney should not be getting time outside of blowouts.
I won't go that far, but Diggins needs some run, a few minutes here, a few there, either spelling Cole, or moving Cole to the 2 for those stretches.

Reaction Score
We need a second PG that can run the position badly. Without Cole and Whaley today, we are toast. We look like a headless chicken with Gaffney running the PG, and that's a huge problem against good teams.

Let's hope Diggins can play PG or we really need to get Jackson to learn to play PG. Jackson has potential but handle and drive to the basket still needs a lot of work.

Reaction Score
Explain why we didn't bring in a point guard? We have 4, one in every class.
Gaffney isn’t a point guard. I have t seen Diggins play the point. Who’s the fourth?

Reaction Score
Sool had offers from Seton Hall, Nova and Kansas. The kid can ball. I’m a little perplexed by his lack of run, especially during the cupcakes.
Offers are meaningless at this point. It’s time to play. He showed nothing (yet) against the cupcakes. Go back and watch those games. He is lost right now, which is fair for a freshman, but there was nothing I the first three games that indicates he was ready for defense like this. He’ll get there eventually, but plying him this week based on what game showed so far would have done zero to improve our wins/losses

Reaction Score
That’s part of what Danny is trying to do with Jackson, create a matchup where he has the speed advantage and a guy who can see over the traps/blitz’s and via the pass create break away opportunities. The best way to beat a press, is to make them pay on the other end.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom