• No chance you’ll travel in two weeks

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • So you’re saying there’s a chance?

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • No problem

Votes: 12 25.0%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
There are commercial passport services that will take care of this for you.

I used one - overnighted my stuff to Chicago. They went and got the renewal the next day and expedited it back. Sent on a Monday, received new passport on Wednesday.

I paid dearly for it, but worth it. Google the services.
Prolly cost less than a plane ticket to Houston. It's why I have two passports.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
If you pay to use an expediting service company, you can get it in a week. You're gonna pay $$$$$. I used this with past companies I worked for, but they paid so I didn't care.
This ^^^ and even less. I did 36 hours before one time going to India. Huge money, company paid. No one realized passport was expired until company handler was getting my visa. The day before trip was a nightmare but I was on that plane the next day.

Reaction Score
Alright update time:

After offers for appts in a wide array of cities: Honolulu, San Juan, Houston, San Francisco, LA and Seattle, I decided to do what some here suggested by waiting in line at 7 AM this morning before the Stamford location opened at 8 AM.

Greeted at the door by a security guard, he said with a laugh “you know there’s no way you’re coming in here without a appointment,” and I laughed back and said “I know, but I figured it was worth a try.”

He asked for more info about my trip and from that he told me that while my trip does seem soon to me, it’s an eternity away according to the passport agency based on the volume of requests they’re getting. At the earliest, he recommended trying next Thursday, which is actually my first day of summer vacation.

Accepting the reality of what he told me, a few people came up to me and shared their similar stories and encouragement. One woman was in my shoes 10 days ago and she had her appointment today with her flight tomorrow. Two other people confirmed similar timelines. All of these people were relatively local people from Fairfield and Westchester counties.

So basically, I’ll wait for a few days before trying to find appointments that are within a driving distance. Worst case scenario, Icelandair offers free change-of-date offerings so we’d just rebook for August. This trip has already been delayed for two years, what’s two more months?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Buy a refundable British Airways ticket for Friday and then go back to the passport office tomorrow.

Also, check and make sure British Airways tickets for Friday are refundable.

Reaction Score
Buy a refundable British Airways ticket for Friday and then go back to the passport office tomorrow.

Also, check and make sure British Airways tickets for Friday are refundable.
If you have points (Delta, American) you can buy a ticket using those. Award (points) tickets are fully refundable up until boarding.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Iceland is still the best trip I’ve ever taken. Like visiting another planet.

Good luck with the passport situation.

Reaction Score
I hate to resurrect a zombie thread, but @Hey Adrien!, what happened to your passport situation? Were you able to get it done? I find myself in a similar situation, and was curious how successful you were.

Reaction Score
I hate to resurrect a zombie thread, but @Hey Adrien!, what happened to your passport situation? Were you able to get it done? I find myself in a similar situation, and was curious how successful you were.
Send me a PM and I can get more in detail.

Long story short, I wasn't able to get my passport renewed in time for our trip and despite paying for a ticket that would allow this, Icelandair did not let me reschedule my trip and now they are not allowing for a refund.

I've put in two formal complaints so far with no progress. Will do one more before eating the money and let the big corporations beat me down.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

Long story short, I wasn't able to get my passport renewed in time for our trip and despite paying for a ticket that would allow this, Icelandair did not let me reschedule my trip and now they are not allowing for a refund.

I've put in two formal complaints so far with no progress. Will do one more before eating the money and let the big corporations beat me down.
'despite paying for a ticket that would allow this,'
'Will do one more before eating the money and let the big corporations beat me down.'

no, no no. drag 'em into small claims, sue 'em in the big leagues, bark at the faa, call ur congressperson, yell yell yell.
scream bloody murder from the rooftop. eventually, their beagles will fold like a cheap suit, and i'd fully expect you to get paid, or get more tix, cuz u deserve it honestly.
there also is kind of a magic bullet lately, it's called 'covid.' say 'covid made it happen' and the seas part. stick it to them, cuz, like grammps sez 'the squeaking wheel get the oil.' tru dat.
and, since it appears that im on a 'who else can i annoy today with a vid?'
kick, hav sum.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score

You need Mike Boguslawski!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

You need to make those people your cause.

Never give up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom