Evolution of Evina | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Evolution of Evina

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Well, who could look good in that godawful punkin orange?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Well, who could look good in that godawful punkin orange?
Umm, hmm, that was actually a reference to the Sandra Bullock quote in "The Blind Side" when Michael Oher was being recruited by Tennessee...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I am happy Evina is getting the best basketball education possible out there..... at UConn..... Tennessee had a great connection of some sort in the Pacific Northwest... responsible for grabbing Evina, Mercedes Russell and one or 2 more I cannot remember.... but at Tennessee they had raw talent, yet did not show the fundamentals that well. Unfortunately the NCAA didn't allow her the 2019 year, but I am sure she learned that year and will enjoy a great career..... here at UConn and beyond.

Reaction Score
Finally, after some 630 days, we got to see the #2 player in the 2017 Class play for our UConn Huskies. While it has been much debated on this forum on how little Tenn LV players improved during the "Holly years", I have been curious to see how the abundantly clear skills of EW would evolve and shine under a more disciplined Coaching regime. Evina's 2 years in Tennessee saw assists per game/turnovers/A-TO of 4.3/3.7/1.2 and 5.3/3.3/1.6 which as the primary point guard on an "elite team" is not really good. Yesterday, we saw a 4-1 Assist and Turnover total. By watching her play, we did not see any "rushed or forced" passes and we saw a team expecting to get and give passes. We also saw 2 steals and 1 rebound. We did see 4 personal fouls as well. For me, just seeing her mostly healthy, starting (!) and contributing was sheer joy. I remember her "edge" in competing at Tennessee and as both Geno and CD have stated a few times, the team was lacking that "edge" that EW brings.

While she lead Tennessee in scoring her sophomore year at 14.9, scoring is not what UConn needs for her to do. Hit the outside shot, move the ball, bring good defense and most of all bring that maturity, edge and attitude to raise this young teams game.

I will always look to her on the floor in every game to watch how she continues to blossom as I view her leadership and example she brings critical to our success as these freshman develop.

What say you my BY seers of WCBB, what say you?

Re: Evina

I saw her play many times when she was with Tennessee...I always thought she was a really good player. She was just on a very poorly coached team to say the least....

Personally I think she is a much better player in every way possible than the "number 1 player" of the 2017 class MW....

But that is just my opinion...

Reaction Score
I will not wear that gaudy orange. I will not. It’s not in my color wheel and I’m not gonna wear it......
Well, we Bronco fans might object....

Reaction Score
Game 4 for UConn was Evina's formal coming out party-
29 Min, 5 of 8 shooting, 3-5 3pt shooting, 2-2 FT, 4 Reb, 4 Assists, 4 Steals, 1 Block, 3 turnovers, ZERO fouls, 15 points and NO KNEE BRACE!

If that stat line doesn't tell you want she means to this team, nothing will. She filled all the stat lines and is doing whatever it takes for the team to win. Good for you Evina, good for us!

:)

if she can maintain near that level of play on a consistent basis this season I think UConn really does have a shot at reaching the NC finals...........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She looks so much happier than at Tennessee and...... looks so much better in the white and blue compared to that Orange!!
:eek: I though we had universally established that everyone & everything looks much better in white and blue as compared to that Orange?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom