Evina | The Boneyard

Evina

Reaction Score
I may have missed this in previous threads, but Evina seemed offensively disengaged. No points, one rebound with only one personal foul.

Admittedly I haven't rewatched the game for her defensive assignments.

Was she injured or sick? Even her mins (24) were low given the gravity of the game.

Reaction Score
I think she is tired. No play for 2 years and then pretty heavy use-sage this year. I think it’s catching up to her. That’s my opinion. I would like to see the coach scale back her minutes and make sure she is in the best spot she can be for the sweet 16 and beyond.

Reaction Score
Geno has been going with the small lineup lately. In that case Evina is playing the 4 spot which is tough against teams with size. In the Big East it's probably fine most of the time. Could be she's not 100% with her knee, but this trend started when Nika became the 5th starter.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I thought early on that i saw her land funny and give a hop hobble. Then later there was the play for an errant pass that her knee gave out while she was reaching for the ball. I am a bit worried for her.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
i think that she obviously has been having serious problems with her longstanding injury, all year. she's done a fantastic job hiding/overcoming it -- and course those close to her aren't gonna speak of it -- but it's now deteriorating. anything we get from her is her best; don't be expecting more ( or expect her to be much in the wnba, similar to shea)

Reaction Score
Whatever it is that happened to Evina, I’m hoping she can recover from it and play in the long term. She’s brought so much to this team and it shows every time they talk about her. She deserves the ability to play the game as much as anybody.

Reaction Score
They shouldn't need Evina Wednesday. If she's at all hurt, let her rest for a game or two. Don't think they'll need her on Friday either.
Exactly, I definitely gave her a pass on her play last night because she always contributes. If she is hurt, then she should get a night or two off.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Evina is playing in pain. I think Geno and the medical staff need to have a conversation with Evina whether it’s in Evina’s and the team’s best interest for her to play through the pain, or shut it down for a few weeks, rehab the knee and come back strong for the stretch run.

Reaction Score
With about 5 and 1/2 minutes left in the third quarter of the Marquette game, Evina twisted her knee and flinched. She then limped around for a few minutes. I recall seeing moments like this in several recent games. She seems to play hard for a while and then her knee causes her pain, and she loses the ability to play with attention to her game. It effects her speed and her shot.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Seton Hall preview

"Geno Auriemma mentioned that Westbrook will do “as much as she can given where she where she is health-wise,” on defense against South Carolina. The coach declined to go into more detail later on. How she looks and the number of minutes she plays could provide some insight on whether or not she’s dealing with an injury since Auriemma is being tight-lipped on the matter."

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Every time I see one of these thread with only a players name I panic. Morgan Tuck was the most devastating and I've been shook ever since. Evina gait has been inconsistent and mostly bad all year. There are games were her lateral movement is simply not there. Don't suspect her knee will fully recover because it has been 13 months since her last surgery. Unfortunately we are in a mode of what is manageable for Evina and performance will vary from game to game.

Reaction Score
Between Aubrey, Mir, Edwards, Saylor maybe, we should have enough for the rest of the regular season. Let her rest if she needs it. Let Anna and E use the Big East Tourney and the first two games of the big dance to get back up to speed. Then we are full go in the regionals, or whatever they will call them this year.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Having getting through the game that we felt we had to win, the pressure is off , so now we have to get the team ready for March. A couple of things, starting tonight.
1- Let EW sit for this game, maybe the next. She obviously is not right, so we need her to get rest.
2- CW has to play within her self, driving for the hoop, avoid 3 pointers, but continue her pull up. I don't understand this problem cause she use to be money inside the paint.
3- Nika has to shoot when she gets the opportunity, taking some of the pressure off of CW. She gets in the paint so easily, but will not pull up. She can make 7 ft shots, I have seen her on video.
4- One disturbing problem is the 3 point shooting as a whole. We can't always count on even Paige all the time, 1-6 last game, and 2-15 overall. I think it may be SAYLOR time. If this kid can help us next year, lets find out if she can help us this year. We have plenty of soft games left, so put her in, let her get accustomed to playing in a game, and lets find out. Wouldn't it be special if Geno had a secret weapon in his back pocket.
5- Liv, what should we do about Liv. If she is allowed to shoot long range, then it has to be behind the arc. She is not dependable enough to shoot long 2's. If she makes them, it will make a difference.

Now its time to look for other options, and we should stsrt tonight.

Reaction Score
Evina is playing in pain. I think Geno and the medical staff need to have a conversation with Evina whether it’s in Evina’s and the team’s best interest for her to play through the pain, or shut it down for a few weeks, rehab the knee and come back strong for the stretch run.
Firing up the way back machine you have to go back quite a few games to see one where her expression isn't either one of grim determination or an outright grimace. Surely Tuck left a brace or two behind?

Reaction Score
She appeared to tweak her knee injury last night. Her gait has been off for a couple of games now.
In the first quarter, She went up for a rebound, was pushed in the back and came down hard and very flat footed. She visibly winced and limped some going back up court.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
She appeared to tweak her knee injury last night. Her gait has been off for a couple of games now.
That is a fact. Every time she goes up she comes down wincing. Also the constant pounding of playing out of position against opponents 3 and 4 inches taller with 25 to 30 pounds more than her is taking a toll. She's a fighter, but the development of AE is coming just in time. Hopefully Evina can play more combo guard leading up to the tourney, getting her reacquainted with the position while putting less stress on her body.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom