Evina Westbrook mixing it up with men in the Portland Pro Am Summer League | The Boneyard

Evina Westbrook mixing it up with men in the Portland Pro Am Summer League

Reaction Score
By ALEXA PHILIPPOU, HARTFORD COURANT |
OCT 11, 2021 AT 7:07 PM

STORRS — When UConn women’s basketball players are back home in the offseason after the Huskies’ summer session, they’re always looking for ways to stay sharp. Some compete with USA Basketball. Others, like Aaliyah Edwards this year, even go to the Olympics. And then there’s players like Evina Westbrook and Christyn Williams, who take a different route altogether — playing with and against men.

Westbrook, a senior guard from Salem, Oregon, played exclusively with and against men until she entered high school, so it was a no-brainer for her to join the Portland Pro Am Summer League this summer where . she became the first woman to play in the league.

Reaction Score
I love Westbrook's break down. While I follow many UConn sports along with both basketball teams, this is something I try to explain to friends who have no appreciation of the women's game.
Evina says ....
“[Women], we know the game more,” Westbrook said. “Guys are kind of just out there, just trying to break a man down, play 1-on-1, look real smooth. Coach [Geno Auriemma] talks about that as well. We play the game of basketball, really play the game. So when I’m making passes out there, [people say], ‘Oh my gosh, how do you see that?’ Because I’m playing the game, I’m not playing to just play 1-on-1.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom