Everyone Root Against Oklahoma and the Big 12! | The Boneyard

Everyone Root Against Oklahoma and the Big 12!

Reaction Score
The most likely- and possibly only- way that there will be conference realignment after several major contracts expire around 2025 (including the Big 12 GOR) is if Oklahoma decides to leave the Big 12. Their reasons for leaving could include the conference being weak to the point that a one loss Oklahoma team misses the playoff, like what could happen this year. Texas isn't leaving- or at least isn't initiating a change- and Oklahoma is the only other major program in the conference, so if they leave, the league may fall apart. It wouldn't guarantee UConn a Power Five spot but it would give us a chance. Movement/change in conference realignment can only help us or keep the situation neutral. Therefore, for the next five years, I will be rooting against Oklahoma and Big 12 and I encourage you all to do the same!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The most likely- and possibly only- way that there will be conference realignment after several major contracts expire around 2025 (including the Big 12 GOR) is if Oklahoma decides to leave the Big 12. Their reasons for leaving could include the conference being weak to the point that a one loss Oklahoma team misses the playoff, like what could happen this year. Texas isn't leaving- or at least isn't initiating a change- and Oklahoma is the only other major program in the conference, so if they leave, the league may fall apart. It wouldn't guarantee UConn a Power Five spot but it would give us a chance. Movement/change in conference realignment can only help us or keep the situation neutral. Therefore, for the next five years, I will be rooting against Oklahoma and Big 12 and I encourage you all to do the same!
Of course you rooting against the Big 12 will have a huge impact on the results. Also genius you need to realize that OU can’t go anywhere without OSU and no one wants them so you just keep right on rooting and thinking somehow that’s going to help your cause

Reaction Score
Of course you rooting against the Big 12 will have a huge impact on the results. Also genius you need to realize that OU can’t go anywhere without OSU and no one wants them so you just keep right on rooting and thinking somehow that’s going to help your cause
You think its Virginia? Its Oklahoma.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma State could and probably would get scooped up by either the SEC or PAC 12. If the legislators knew that they'd have a solid landing spot, they'd be more likely to let OU go to the Big Ten (more likely) or maybe the SEC (less likely).

Reaction Score
In the next round of realignment, after all is said and done, there will be a P4, not a P5, and UConn will not be in it.

Reaction Score
This ship has sailed. Time to move on guys. For the first time this decade we stopped pining for an ACC or BIG spot and took action to control our own fate. It may not be perfect but our Big East move for most sports and an interesting independent schedule for football will keep us relevant.

Reaction Score
I would rather root agains Ohio State. The B10 has been shut out of the playoff for a couple of years. If anything will change the football landscape it's the B10 losing money to other conferences.

Reaction Score
The lack of apostrophe in "its" probably threw you off.

The reference is that OU isn't tethered to OSU like UVA was to Va Tech by Va gov during ACC expansion.

And OU is probably more free with T Boone pushing daisies.
To be fair, the profanity filter knocked out my adjective for Oklahoma.

Reaction Score
Where is Oklahoma going?
CR now is all about eyeballs & dollars.

Much like we were likely Notre Dame's plus 1 with the ACC, Oklahoma is Texas' plus 1 with the B1G.

I'm sure some will argue that "they're a blue blood" but NOBODY cares about that anymore. Now that everyone but the B12 have a network the ONLY consideration for further CR will be what can you add to the conference in terms of dollars. Especially if future TV contracts shrink as many believe

The Norman DMA is not highly sought after by anyone

Reaction Score
UConn still has a chance to get into a Power 5 conference, but our teams have to start winning in a big way. Even traditionally strong teams in various sports appear weaker than they were a few years ago in post season play. Football may seem hopeless but the ECU game was at least close. Last year or even last month it would have been lopsided.

Reaction Score
Hey "pick6s"

NEWS FLASH !!

There has been a conference realignment.

UConn is headed to the Big East Conference.

It is a great move that will benefit the athletic program.

Reaction Score
Hey "pick6s"

NEWS FLASH !!

There has been a conference realignment.

UConn is headed to the Big East Conference.

It is a great move that will benefit the athletic program.

It won't...you can't go home again. The home is trashed...The only team I want to see us play is Nova. BE is not the league we left...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom