OT: - European Soccer Super League | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: European Soccer Super League

Reaction Score
That fell apart rather quick lol

League play is still so broken though. Bayern, PSG, and Juve are uncontested every single year. Barca/Real/Atletico have finished 1,2,3 in La Liga for the past decade. And City/United/Chelsea/Liverpool have won like 19 of the last 20 EPL seasons.

Soccer needs a salary cap if they want to truly balance out the top clubs, but there's no way top clubs would vote to destroy their own teams.

Reaction Score

League play is still so broken though. Bayern, PSG, and Juve are uncontested every single year. Barca/Real/Atletico have finished 1,2,3 in La Liga for the past decade. And City/United/Chelsea/Liverpool have won like 19 of the last 20 EPL seasons.

Soccer needs a salary cap if they want to truly balance out the top clubs, but there's no way top clubs would vote to destroy their own teams.
Juve is not winning the title this season and PSG probably isn’t either.

Reaction Score

smell ya later A-hol!

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score

Juve is sitting in 4th in Serie A only 2 points ahead of Napoli and on the verge of not qualifying for the Champions League. They also lost to Porto in the Champions League who were not even mentioned as being an option for the Super League.

Reaction Score
Yup, not surprised. Credit to the fans in England, they made their voices heard. Chelsea fans hat a sit in preventing their team bus from getting to the Bridge to play their game. The scenes when they found out that Chelsea dropped out were a joy to take in.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Euro soccer is pure capitalism. just like Formula 1. Here are the rules, spend as much as you want to win (fair play rules acknowledged). Compare that to NASCAR, MLB, NFL, and every US sport that uses financial controls to feed more money into ownership and reward poor management because they are guaranteed membership.

In the EPL, you suck, you drop and along with it your money. While the big clubs make more money because they have been good for a long time and have developed strong fanbases and income streams, the Fair Play rules limit where you can draw money from. Basically, you can pour money you earn from club operations back into the club. You can't say use your oil oligarchy to fund your team. Several clubs have been busted skirting the rules but for the most part they work. You earn your way to the top.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

No English, French or German clubs. No Atleti or Barca. Good luck!

Reaction Score
Unless other clubs wreck their old stadiums and build new ones and draw enough fans to keep up with those that draw in excess of 40,000, the pyramid scheme is gradually becoming outdated. In a way, it already is.

Reaction Score
The price of Juventus stock going up says everything that needs to be said. Dortmund will probably be replaced by Leipzig as a "founding club".

Loving looking back at these very dumb comments by people who clearly have rotten American "money means everthing in every case" Brain.

Doesn't apply to other cultures that value fairness, equity among partners, etc.

EU is a vastly, vastly different beast than America, no one gives a shzzzt about Juventus' stock price lololololol

Reaction Score
I was captive and watched the second half of Lakers-Jazz last Sat. Brutally bad, nobody runs anymore.
The last 3 years have had the highest pace/tempo since the mid 1980s, about 100 possessions per game. Only the late 60s were significantly faster, and only slightly - ~103-106 possessions per game.

Reaction Score
Loving looking back at these very dumb comments by people who clearly have rotten American "money means everthing in every case" Brain.

Doesn't apply to other cultures that value fairness, equity among partners, etc.

EU is a vastly, vastly different beast than America, no one gives a shzzzt about Juventus' stock price lololololol
I am very well aware. But you have to understand that this is a business after all, and the European societal elite wanted the Super League to happen, as Agnelli is someone who represents such people.

So if you are lololololing at me, I am well aware of the cultural effects this league would have. But guess what? Rich people are way more powerful than you and I and all other plebes. Lolololol...I am glad I had no kids.

You think cultures of plebes triumph that of the elite? You are in for a rude awakening. Then you might remember who was very dumb.

Reaction Score
I am very well aware. But you have to understand that this is a business after all, and the European societal elite wanted the Super League to happen, as Agnelli is someone who represents such people.

So if you are lololololing at me, I am well aware of the cultural effects this league would have. But guess what? Rich people are way more powerful than you and I and all other plebes. Lolololol...I am glad I had no kids.

You think cultures of plebes triumph that of the elite? You are in for a rude awakening. Then you might remember who was very dumb.
You are aware that soccer fans took to the street with their displeasure and all the rich people were suddenly forced to drop out right?

Reaction Score
You are aware that soccer fans took to the street with their displeasure and all the rich people were suddenly forced to drop out right?
Of course. Unfortunately, it's only a matter of time they flex their muscle, PRC-style.

It's a brave new world....

Reaction Score
This is what Florentino Perez refers to when speaking of soccer having it's proper place. There's only 7 would have been Super League teams on the whole list. European soccer teams have not appreciated in value as American franchises have. With a top-tier locked-in pan European League, some teams would probably become worth more than the Cowboys and Yankees.

Juventus isn't even on the list.

Reaction Score
Atlanta United is worth more than Leicester City and Ajax Amsterdam? This has to be a joke.

Well, goes to prove promotion and relegation has become outdated. No one is catching up with the most valuable clubs unless you invest a billion, though I'd find a way to sneak in AS Roma and Ajax Amsterdam into the Super League. Can't skip those 2 markets, at least. Might want to do a league larger than 20.

Reaction Score
The NHL had higher revenue than ALL European soccer leagues in 2018, besides the Premier League.

NHL makes more than all European soccer leagues except one.

The Chinese Super League will very likely overtake European competition unless they form a continental league with the highest revenue generating "clubs".

Empires are built on the backs of the poor; that should be old news.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't think he is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom