EURO Cup, Copa America, and Wold Cup Qualifiers | Page 7 | The Boneyard

EURO Cup, Copa America, and Wold Cup Qualifiers

Reaction Score
Aside from Kane and maybe Grealish and Sterling, England's players play supporting roles on their club sides. There just isn't playmaking ability, then Southgate wouldn't get those who have the potential meaningful run together.

Other than Trippier, how many English play abroad?

Reaction Score
I hated Rashford's approach. Had no confidence in him when he stood there forever and then the walking up to the ball overthinking it stuff backfires so often. I don't even like the best players in the world taking that approach and they rarely do. There's just too much that can go wrong.
If you hate Rashford's approach, how do you feel about Jorginho's?

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I have never been a fan of the hesitations and feinting during PKs. I was always taught to pick your spot and go strike the ball. You get too cute and over think it and your chances of missing are much better. Zaza did a zumba in the 2016 Euro tourney rather than striking the ball against Germany and that was the end of Italy's run that year. Rashford, Saka, and Sancho all hesitated which gave the new Gianluigi that extra split second of time to find a tell or pick right. Or just enough time to get in your own head and straight miss an open net.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Aside from Kane and maybe Grealish and Sterling, England's players play supporting roles on their club sides. There just isn't playmaking ability, then Southgate wouldn't get those who have the potential meaningful run together.

Other than Trippier, how many English play abroad?

Jadon Sancho did until his transfer last week. The English defense was superb, and all those guys are impact players for their clubs. They are overloaded with forwards that play wide. Sancho should have played for the same reason ManU got him (when they already have Rashford), he actually looks to pass. When Kane is at striker, they'd be better off with Sancho. I accept that they have need of a creative attacking mid who can distribute and score. Phil Foden is probably that guy and he was electric in his short time vs Denmark. Turns out he hurt his foot in practice so didn't play.

That's still going to be a very tough squad for the World Cup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom