2021 Recruiting: - Etienne Stats | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Etienne Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For those curious. Friend of mine mentioned the Suffield twitter account is active so I checked it out... These are Micah's stats/notes on relevant tweets from most recent to beginning of the season. Pts/reb/blk

11/10/6 Salisbury
25/14/2 Westminster
19/15/2 Avon OF
28/21/4 Brimmer
6/6/5 Worcester
18/15/5 Nobles
10/15/2 Kent
17/12/3 Williston
21/18/6 Taft

(Then there's a post that said he is averaging 13/12/4.8 BLK through january... so CLEARLY the offense has improved in these last 9 games... I'm seeing )

23/13/2 Cheshire

(Another tweet says through first 8 games he averaged 11.8/11.9/5.1... games listed below.)

11/13/5 Thayer
14/17/5 Andover
No stats vs Choate
20/11/6 vs Blair
11/8/6 vs Milton
8/10/4 vs Hotchkiss
8/15/5 vs St. Luke's
15/11/8 vs Master's

So the first 8 games he averaged 11.8/11.9/5.1. The last 10 he has averaged 17.8/13.9/3.7. Clearly something has clicked with him offensively. Which is great, because the big concern was always offense.

To me, he looks like a physical, tough defender, higher-energy rim runner and dunker, with the potential to develop into a good passer/shooter. His shooting form looks good, passes with confidence... just a matter of getting high level experience and confidence passing/shooting.

Plenty of highlights from the past 6 months here: MICAWBER ETIENNE

Last edited:
Reaction Score
just a matter of getting high level experience

serious question- suffield recently joined NEPSAC class A so they don't play the bball powers in class AA and AAA like Brewster, Mt. Hermon, South Kent, macDuffie, etc.

i'm not saying etienne isn't the best player to come out of suffield since vinny del negro, but aren't there more than a few cupcakes on that schedule that he should be expected to dominate e.g. taft, kent, westminster, st. luke's etc. a couple of those are class B schools with rosters full of skinny boys without any facial hair like me 15 years ago.

on a related note, if NEPSAC class A is significantly better than wherever clingan plays, that really will make me start to wonder what he's doing there

Last edited:
Reaction Score
serious question- suffield recently joined NEPSAC class A so they don't play the bball factories in class AA and AAA like Brewster, Northfield Mt. Hermon, South Kent, macDuffie, etc.

i'm not saying etienne isn't the best player to come out of suffield since vinny del negro, but aren't there more than a few cupcakes on that schedule that he should be expected to dominate e.g. taft, kent, westminster, st. luke's etc. a couple of those are class B schools with rosters full of skinny boys without any facial hair like me 15 years ago.

on a related note, if NEPSAC class A is significantly better than whatever league clingan plays in, that really will make me start to wonder what he's doing there
NEPSAC class A is significantly better than most leagues in the country.

Reaction Score
NEPSAC class A is significantly better than most leagues in the country.
guess its gotten better in the past 15 years cause it was a DIII feeder league (nescac, centennial, liberty) in my day. some post grads played DI but i can't remember any going to a power conference

Last edited:
Reaction Score
serious question- suffield recently joined NEPSAC class A so they don't play the bball powers in class AA and AAA like Brewster, Mt. Hermon, South Kent, macDuffie, etc.

on a related note, if NEPSAC class A is significantly better than wherever clingan plays, that really will make me start to wonder what he's doing there

NEPSAC class A has a lot better athletes than the average team Clingan is playing against, other than say East and Windsor. As @superjohn said, it's still better than most leagues in the country. If you watch his highlights, he's at least playing against some size on game day. Better competition than Andre Jackson is facing locally, for example. I think we all wish that Etienne would move to a powerhouse, but it's not an immediate developmental concern like it would be for Clingan in the CCC. If he's gotten this far to be a top 70 recruit nationally, and is making noticeable strides with his offense in-season, it seems fair that he is in a place that is good for his trajectory as a player. He's also with PSA, which is a stellar AAU program. They're not just good--they care about the kids individually program-wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom