2021 Recruiting: - Etienne live stream | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Etienne live stream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Vs salisbury. Starts at 7. Anyone who watches let us know what you see!

Damn you boneyard!! Why am I watching a high school basketball live stream..?!

The student announcers gave up on pronouncing Etienne's name in the first 5 secs!

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
Just watched for a few mins. Would recommend watching on mute with those announcers

Reaction Score
Watched some of this and in my opinion so far he looks lost. He doesn’t hustle. Doesn’t get rebounds. Air balled a free throw. Plays defense on the perimeter, actually I can’t really call it defense. Kid doesn’t look motivated or like a top 60 recruit. At his size he should be dominating.

Reaction Score
Lol I watched the beginning too. Those kids were funny . Etienne looked fine I guess. I hate how his team plays though so I turned it off.

Reaction Score
Joined game at 11 min of first half
Made a foul shot pure then missed #2
Made layup & air balled the and 1 FT
missed a 3
missed a point blank dunk off back rim, but from a standing position under basket
missed a short jump hook
DRb outlet pass weak and turned over at mid court
Bad position on DRb gave up an ORb & basket
Made good layup with a couple dribbles

One interesting point is that Suffield pressured the ball for a while in the backcourt and he was at the point of that pressure rather than being the last line of defense at the rim. Made it tough for guards to pass over a big player in the backcourt if trapped. It seems to mean he is more mobile in the open court than I thought.

Also the lak of hesitation taking the 3 pt attempt suggests he is comfortablle there

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
Very underwhelming performance imho. Poor ball handling and he is overall very slow. He was not a force tonight in what appeared to be a pretty lackluster game.

Reaction Score
2nd half
Made an easy layup
Secured a DRb that hit the floor
Got stripped of the ball trying to make a move in the post
Gave up a baseline drive
Missed a short shot and missed the tip
Set a good pick freeing a shooter
3pt make over him defensively
Layup made against him in post when an up fake got him in the air
Made nice 15' open shot
Forced a baseline shot missed badly
Recd a breakout pass at mid court and got stripped before getting to the basket
Dunked off a goo pass

You be the judge

Reaction Score
His season averages aren’t all that great either.

Last 13 games he's averaging 17.8/13.3 and 3.8 blocks. I wouldn't call that bad for a 2021

Reality is that recruits don't always looks great in hs games. They can be pretty lackadaisical. It's all about aau.

Same things were said about bouk, richie, Javonte Brown Ferguson and akok at times. What they look like when they get here is a tougher thing to tell.

He's consistently ranked 50-60 in 2021. I'll trust that.

Reaction Score
much rather have sanogo, but solid plan B
Nope, can’t be treating a top 60 CT kid as “plan B”. That’s what Ollie did, as he chased unrealistic 5 stars as plan A and whiffed. In return the “plan B’s” decided to go elsewhere too leaving us with plan C’s and D’s.

Gotta lock up in state/New England talent, Etienne is legit, there’s a reason Duke and other big schools have checked in.

Reaction Score
From people who have watched him, do you think he can help next year? This may be an unpopular opinion, but if he’s still a year away I think I’d rather take my chances on another big (maybe a more ready reclass or a de-commit who comes available, or a grad transfer) who can be more ready to contribute day 1. I think we’ll still be in the drivers seat for him if we take him 2021. He seems like a 4 year type of player and I think from a long term perspective it makes more sense to wait on him a year if he seems unlikely to add much for next season.

Reaction Score
@Mooch82 I am totally on the fence with Etienne for next year. I think he would help us more than Ferguson but less than a grad transfer, and, with less certainty. On the other hand, there is likely real 4 yr value to lock him up this year before someplace else gets strong with him and only the staff can handicap that. I have no doubts he will become a contributor over time. Another thought only the coaches can evaluate is 'chemistry'. Kids play for each other, and his relationships with Bouknight, Springs, Jackson, and Ferguson, might be such that they really think he can contribute and they want to play with him ASAP. I would consider that a factor. On the negative side, I don't see the junkyard dog, 'edginess', or toughness, that Hurley said he wanted to recruit and that Sanogo has. Our likelihood of Sango and impact on him would also be a factor. A major factor if we think we can get Sanogo and having Etienne would hurt our chances. It would also be important to my thoughts to have any sense how Richie Springs has looked and the roll the coaches envision for him. I never saw much from Springs in games I watched, then he was reported to be a glass eater, now 4 mos of silence. If Springs will be deep on the bench then I would tend to prefer an experienced player to help next year. If Springs is going to be a good contributor then I'd be more willing to take a chance with Etienne. Lastly, I do like the fact that Etienne looks to score and seems to have that in his DNA. We do need the capability to have an offensive oriented big. So like I said. Firmly on the fence.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
From people who have watched him, do you think he can help next year? This may be an unpopular opinion, but if he’s still a year away I think I’d rather take my chances on another big (maybe a more ready reclass or a de-commit who comes available, or a grad transfer) who can be more ready to contribute day 1. I think we’ll still be in the drivers seat for him if we take him 2021. He seems like a 4 year type of player and I think from a long term perspective it makes more sense to wait on him a year if he seems unlikely to add much for next season.
He would be a year one contributor because he can rebound and defend at a high major level. Very rarely are these top 60 kids developmental. His skill set is similar to Whaley’s so I would think he and Whaley would have like a 25-15 split at one spot.

Reaction Score
FWIW Etienne is the #1 rated prospect on NERR for class of 2021. Not sure where he’d stack up in 2020 but you do not turn that type of talent down. Hope DH locks him up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom