ESPNW Article on Kia Nurse | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPNW Article on Kia Nurse

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Geno will start who he thinks gives Uconn the best chance to win.

If everyone is healthy, you can only really be confident that he will start three players.

Stewart
KML
Jefferson

Someone mentioned that Geno might want a big off the bench, so maybe Stokes doesn't start and Tuck does? My guess is Geno will go small plenty during the games so it won't matter and Stokes gets the start.

Certainly it's one of those two players with the other coming off the bench.

At the shooting guard it's likely either Chong or Banks. My guess is because he has options at that position, the freshman will all come off the bench.

Looking back at prior rosters, I didn't see an equally talented sophomore start over an equally talented Senior. So, unless Chong really separates herself from Banks in practices leading to the opener, my guess is Banks will get the start.

It would be nice if everyone is healthy and Geno actually had options.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

If everyone is healthy, you can only really be confident that he will start three players.

Stewart
KML
Jefferson

Someone mentioned that Geno might want a big off the bench, so maybe Stokes doesn't start and Tuck does? My guess is Geno will go small plenty during the games so it won't matter and Stokes gets the start.

At the shooting guard it's likely either Chong or Banks. My guess is because he has options at that position, the freshman will all come off the bench.

Looking back at prior rosters, I didn't see an equally talented sophomore start over an equally talented Senior. So, unless Chong really separates herself from Banks in practices leading to the opener, my guess is Banks will get the start.

Geno does love that spark off the bench as well. That's one of the big reasons he didn't start Maya or DT, even though they were both the better player. Only injuries forced his hand. There's a lot to be said for a change of pace (talent) guard coming in and blowing away the competition.

The only way Tuck would start would be if she needs to stay warm imo. She's probably going to have her minutes managed, at least at the start. Stokes is probably going to get Dolson minutes next year by default.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

Stewart
KML
Jefferson

+1

I do think that if Nurse's defensive abilities pan out to be anything near what we hope/believe they will be, she will garner the most PT of all the freshmen, by a fair bit.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
+1

I do think that if Nurse's defensive abilities pan out to be anything near what we hope/believe they will be, she will garner the most PT of all the freshmen, by a fair bit.
I think with her unusual "senior" year, Ekmark, a coaches daughter, will be very ready to contribute.

Reaction Score
She still has a summer of international BB experience ahead of her before
she shows up in Storrs. I would think she will be well prepared for her
freshman season. Next year should be really exciting with the other
freshman also.

Reaction Score
Sounds like part of the reason we were late in recruiting her is that we thought she was class of 2015..!!

"Five schools became six at that point," Nurse said with a laugh. "They had thought I was a junior, and that's why they were late. I was confused at first, but then I was OK with it -- they are a great program."

And Geno think's we're idiots on this board. So who's the screwup - CD or Shea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom