ESPN wnba mock draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN wnba mock draft

Reaction Score
All she has to do is force a trade. And if Indiana does not trade, then she can sit out for as long as it takes. $70K is not a big salary for rookies when they can make up to 10x that amount overseas.
If she were going to sit out a year, why not take the Covid year? No way she prefers to sit out.

Reaction Score
Honestly from that list, Kitley is the only one I can see taking an extra year. I don’t think she should necessarily but she’s very close with her family
I agree. She seems to pace herself during games, I think she can take her game up a notch and be drafted even higher in 2024.

Reaction Score
Hmm I hadn’t thought that Cardoso would leave early but there’s definitely a chance of that for sure

Boston, Brea Beal, and Laeticia Amihere. Those are the three Gamecocks listed among the first round draft picks.

Reaction Score
Hmm I hadn’t thought that Cardoso would leave early but there’s definitely a chance of that for sure
That’s not happening. She came here specifically to play with Raven Johnson and to learn. This will be her show next year. That has been her plan all along.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
If she were going to sit out a year, why not take the Covid year? No way she prefers to sit out.
She doesn't sit out a year. she sits out 3 months for the WNBA season and then makes millions overseas. That's why.

Reaction Score
All she has to do is force a trade. And if Indiana does not trade, then she can sit out for as long as it takes. $70K is not a big salary for rookies when they can make up to 10x that amount overseas.
The Fever have more than one 1st R picks in this draft. They are setting themselves up just like Vegas did 5 years ago. I don't think it bothers Aliyah to play for a team that wants to make her the center piece of their organization. We will know within a week for sure but I think all 4 of SC's players from that class will declare for the draft. With everybody else staying in school it makes sense. Amihere will be a terrific pro. Don't think just because she doesn't start at SC that she's not a good player. She gets starter minutes just like Cardoso does and she can play and guard all 5 positions, although she's best at the 3 and 4. She may not be an immediate impact player but 3 or 4 years down the road she'll be terrific. I also wouldn't be completely surprised to see her come back.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Has a player that doesn't start for their college team ever been drafted in the 1st round? Granted, Amihere's game will be a better fit without teams clogging the lane like they do in college.
Kiah Stokes from UConn might fit that Description

Reaction Score
I don't follow the WNBA but don't they use a lottery system to determine the top picks? If so, what are the odds of getting back to back Number 1 picks? (Rhetorical question.)

Also, there is no reason to believe that Boston would be the 1st pick next season if Paige, Caitlin and probably others declare for the draft.
Worst 2 year record accumulatively . Worst 4 get out in draft lottery this voids out tanking unless you just want to be terrible for 2 years straight.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
She doesn't sit out a year. she sits out 3 months for the WNBA season and then makes millions overseas. That's why.
Except to make millions overseas, she needs the WNBA performances to command such money. Her collegiate career will help, but she will not start off at that level in terms of overseas compensation for a few years.
Also, with Russia off the table, one of the biggest sources of six- and seven-figure overseas salaries is not available.

Reaction Score
Why do es everybody continue to say they make more money in college? Most of the big deals these players get will FOLLOW THEM into the pros. For instance, A’ja Wilson is just now making over $100,000 playing for the Aces but she’s a millionaire and played a month total in China after she graduated. She has A great agent and is on commercials and repping sports drinks, Mountain Dew, Microsoft, etc. That’s NIL.

Reaction Score
Why do es everybody continue to say they make more money in college? Most of the big deals these players get will FOLLOW THEM into the pros. For instance, A’ja Wilson is just now making over $100,000 playing for the Aces but she’s a millionaire and played a month total in China after she graduated. She has A great agent and is on commercials and repping sports drinks, Mountain Dew, Microsoft, etc. That’s NIL.
agreed, this idea that she won't make more in the WNBA is ridiculous. Even Caitlin on the Dan Patrick show said Nil is not gonna affect her decision to stay a 5th year because she knows Wnba just adds on to current deals

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Actually, Wilson signed a two-year / $398,422 contract with the Las Vegas Aces last year. Wilson's base salary is $202,155 for 2023.

When she hits unrestricted free agency in 2024, Wilson will be eligible WNBA’s veteran supermax salary (particular salary number is $234,936 for 2023).

Reaction Score
Actually, Wilson signed a two-year / $398,422 contract with the Las Vegas Aces last year. Wilson's base salary is $202,155 for 2023.

When she hits unrestricted free agency in 2024, Wilson will be eligible WNBA’s veteran supermax salary (particular salary number is $234,936 for 2023).
OK that’s great. The point was though that regardless of what you are making in NIL in college, if your agent is good Your deals will pick up after you get out of college.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Boston will take the Covid year is my guess. I can’t imagine wanting to play for the Fever.
I don't know what their organization, facilities, etc. are like, but basketball-wise, I don't think Indiana is such a bad spot.

They are starting to put together a good, young nucleus of talent including her would-be frontcourt mate, Nalyssa Smith.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom