Espn article about conferences vs geography. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Espn article about conferences vs geography.

Reaction Score
Actually billybud, you asked. I answered. You replied that nobody cares. So I pointed out that, well, you asked the question.

I don’t take it as a personal affront. Far from it.

UConn and Nova each have multiple basketball titles and each have over 20 NCAA team titles. FSU has neither.

Why are you harping on FSU?

Has nothing to do with my premise that it is basketball and football that are important nationally.

It is like they say down south..."you may be sweet, but the bees don't know it".

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why are you harping on FSU?

Has nothing to do with my premise that it is basketball and football that are important nationally.

It is like they say down south..."you may be sweet, but the bees don't know it".
Why are you harping in the Big East? You are an FSU fan.

only you were questioning championships in “other sports”.

Reaction Score
Not really Zissou...I was questioning the relative value of championships in other sports...it is notexclusive to the "Big East"..it includes all conferences.

....and yes, Nove has had four team championships since the turn of the century...two in basketball and two in women's cross country (not counting the FCS football title since it doesn't compare readily to an FBS title).

....and yes, FSU only has seven team titles since 2000...but who cares about Women's Soccer and Softball?

Outside of the big two sports...championships don't make much noise...it's the old.."if a tree falls in a forest and nobody hears" conundrum.

Reaction Score
Not really Zissou...I was questioning the relative value of championships in other sports...it is notexclusive to the "Big East"..it includes all conferences.

....and yes, Nove has had four team championships since the turn of the century...two in basketball and two in women's cross country (not counting the FCS football title since it doesn't compare readily to an FBS title).

....and yes, FSU only has seven team titles since 2000...but who cares about Women's Soccer and Softball?

Outside of the big two sports...championships don't make much noise...it's the old.."if a tree falls in a forest and nobody hears" conundrum.
Why do you keep going on and on about Women’s soccer? Nobody cares.

Reaction Score
A huge reason why UL got in ahead of us has to be because we had subpar facilities for some sports, particularly baseball. JO Christian Field was probably the worst collegiate stadium in the northeast, or in the country. The fact we had success with that stadium is a miracle and speaks for the potential of the school.

Reaction Score
My point exactly...thank you.
Women's cross country is bigger than women's soccer, didn't you know? Can't wait to see the USWNT in the cross country World Cup.

(Disclaimer, I don't care but others do...)

Reaction Score
A huge reason why UL got in ahead of us has to be because we had subpar facilities for some sports, particularly baseball. JO Christian Field was probably the worst collegiate stadium in the northeast, or in the country. The fact we had success with that stadium is a miracle and speaks for the potential of the school.
Baseball facilities figured in to the ACC decision 0.0%

Reaction Score
Women's cross country is bigger than women's soccer, didn't you know? Can't wait to see the USWNT in the cross country World Cup.

(Disclaimer, I don't care but others do...)

Butch...you know...I didn't really follow Track and Field at FSU except for a few years in the Men's Outdoor three year consecutive championship run. I don't think anybody in Tallahassee does.

In Tallahassee, Soccer has a certain following.

Track is more like volleyball...you only know about them if they are having a fantastic season.

Reaction Score
So you're telling me there's a chance. I really wish there was something solid to discuss in the CR forum.

1614776475509.png

Reaction Score
When there will finally be some CR movement.....will be when it is figured out how to pay any additions without cutting existing members. The sticking point for the Big 12 some years back.

Right now, the media may be a little cautious when not buying for the SEC or B1G. Or maybe Notre Dame ff they ever decide to join a conference.

Reaction Score
When there will finally be some CR movement.....will be when it is figured out how to pay any additions without cutting existing members. The sticking point for the Big 12 some years back.

Right now, the media may be a little cautious when not buying for the SEC or B1G. Or maybe Notre Dame ff they ever decide to join a conference.

I suspect that little will happen with respect to any potential conference realignment until the impact of the pandemic are fully realized and addressed along with the future shape of the media itself with respect to streaming.

Reaction Score
I suspect that little will happen with respect to any potential conference realignment until the impact of the pandemic are fully realized and addressed along with the future shape of the media itself with respect to streaming.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom