ESPN 2021 class rankings | Page 7 | The Boneyard

ESPN 2021 class rankings

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So, in breaking down the CONFERENCE Rankings:
ACC has 7 schools-impressive
SEC has 3 schools-big drop in esteem for this once dominant conference
PAC12 has 3 schools-wow USC making an appearance!
Big12 has 3 schools-both Texas and WVU ahead of Baylor...wow.
Big10 has 3 schools-and as usual, all of them 15th or higher ranking,
BigEast has 1 school, which we can only hope will change with a Basketball centric conference...

Early dividends for UNC and Banghart to get up to #4.
Love him or hate him, Coach Q continues to bring in talent
Maybe Mike Carey does have some life left in his diminishing program
Iowa-Lisa is showing that slow and steady can win the Big10 race at least.
;)

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
blue Star did not scout this summer.

check out ASGR. They updated last week

scar & UConn in dead even tie
I didn't know that. that explains why Saylor didn't drop while recuperating. In actuality for us to debate this as if it is some merit badge is foolish. We are happy with our classes. So congratulations on a great job. I truly hope you guys only lose twice this year. ;)

Reaction Score
It would seem to me that a more accurate way to rank recruiting would be a rolling 3-year ranking. As an example a school like University of Oregon recruited heavily in the 2020-21 class, and, very lightly in the 2021-22 class. And I believe Oregon will be a power team for a good long time.
And you know with a COVID year it might have worked well to be in a light signing cycle. Taylor Bigby signed btw.

Reaction Score
When you rank anything by adding up the numbers it assumes that the gap between teams players is equal down the line. I looked at Massey's numbers and the difference between No 70 and No 150, for example, is equal to the difference between No 1 and No 8. If there is no real difference between 70 & 150 then just adding up the numbers is a distortion.
Of course the makeup of college teams and their needs make roughly equal recruits very different if one is a pg and the other a forward.

There is no practical way to score and assign ratings to recruits and this whole "class ranking" is just media BS. I wouldn't trade UConn's class for any other and I'm sure other programs feel the same.

Thankfully games start in 2 weeks. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When you rank anything by adding up the numbers it assumes that the gap between teams players is equal down the line. I looked at Massey's numbers and the difference between No 70 and No 150, for example, is equal to the difference between No 1 and No 8. If there is no real difference between 70 & 150 then just adding up the numbers is a distortion.
Of course the makeup of college teams and their needs make roughly equal recruits very different if one is a pg and the other a forward.

There is no practical way to score and assign ratings to recruits and this whole "class ranking" is just media BS. I wouldn't trade UConn's class for any other and I'm sure other programs feel the same.

Thankfully games start in 2 weeks. :)

outstanding post! truly outstanding.

I wouldn’t trade our class either. that’s the way it should be.

Reaction Score
How the heck is Tennessee ranked ahead of Texas when TX got the #6, #10 and #24 recruits compared to TN's #43, #45 and #62? That's some funky formula Olson is using.

<insert head-scratching emoji>
Maybe he needs a remedial math class!

Reaction Score
I think the bottom line is we can all be happy that ESPN made the switch to PBR to do the rankings. What was the old guys name doing it before, Dan something? I’m sure Olson is a good guy, but having a team of scouts contributing is a better plan.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Maybe this is Oregon State's way of sneaking up on Oregon this Friday, losing to the team that the Ducks just hammered by 42. They'll never see it coming now.

Edit to add: You know you need to go to sleep when you post something in the wrong thread. Don't know how this happened, sorry folks :confused:

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Maybe this is Oregon State's way of sneaking up on Oregon this Friday, losing to the team that the Ducks just hammered by 42. They'll never see it coming now.
Or, and this is just a competing thought, OSU is really having a down year and will get trampled by Oregon as they are too slow, very limited in guard play and suspect on offense. The only thing truly awful by Oregon is the court-yee gads, that is tough to watch a game being played on...:confused:

Reaction Score
Or, and this is just a competing thought, OSU is really having a down year and will get trampled by Oregon as they are too slow, very limited in guard play and suspect on offense. The only thing truly awful by Oregon is the court-yee gads, that is tough to watch a game being played on...:confused:
Jury is still out on all the PAC-12 schools. I will say this, Utah should not be overlooked by anyone. They have talent, and, unlike some schools, nearly all their players on the floor last night, played together last year.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Jury is still out on all the PAC-12 schools. I will say this, Utah should not be overlooked by anyone. They have talent, and, unlike some schools, nearly all their players on the floor last night, played together last year.
Well, my 2 cents on them is this-Stanford is very good. Oregon looks very good as well. UCLA has lots of talent but is handicapped by Cori as their coach. Arizona looks good but they miss the home crowd and I think this is the first year they will be the hunted vs. the hunter so teams will be gunning for them. They look 3rd best in this league. USC, Oregon State, Utah and Arizona State seem to be the next tier. Cal and Colorado seem to be the bottom feeders, where UW and WSU are is up for further debate. I really hope UW is good for our colleague @nwhoopfan

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Or, and this is just a competing thought, OSU is really having a down year and will get trampled by Oregon as they are too slow, very limited in guard play

The guards were the bright spot last night. It was the front court that didn't produce.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom