Erin Boley - Rumor has it... | The Boneyard

Erin Boley - Rumor has it...

Reaction Score
Hello everyone,
I hope all of you are well - I have heard Erin Boley has chosen a destination. My mom's sister had lunch very recently with Erin's grandma (with whom Erin is very close). Her grandma mentioned Erin would be going to a school out in California. As far as I know, she either did not specifically mention the name of the school or my aunt did not recall that detail.

With that information, I assume she is going to Stanford. The Cardinal were in her final list of schools and I know she absolutely loved her visit there. I know some close to her were hoping she would go somewhere closer to the Bluegrass state here, but I hope it works out for her.

I truly believe she is a perfect fit for Stanford - she's the type of player Tara VanDerveer loves and she fits their offensive style. I hope Tara takes good care of her (though I do believe she will) [mod edit: reason for leaving ND too vague & negative to pass muster w/out corroboration]
If I find anything concrete, I will be happy to post it asap.

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Thanks. Not surprising at all. Makes sense why it's taking a bit if she had to get acceptance first. She will be a great player for the Cardinal.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Players transferring into Stanford have been few and far between. I can hardly think of any. Brooke Smith worked out really well. That's the only one that comes to mind for me.

If this proves true, I'm always happy to see talented players choosing West Coast/Pac 12 schools.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Players transferring into Stanford have been few and far between. I can hardly think of any. Brooke Smith worked out really well. That's the only one that comes to mind for me.

If this proves true, I'm always happy to see talented players choosing West Coast/Pac 12 schools.

Boley would be a fantastic pickup for Tara. Could see her being a Karlie Samuelson like player for the Card but with a better all around game.

Reaction Score
She's visiting Oregon this week so a visit to Stanford makes sense. She'd be a good fit for Tara's system.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Hello everyone,
I hope all of you are well - I have heard Erin Boley has chosen a destination. My mom's sister had lunch very recently with Erin's grandma (with whom Erin is very close). Her grandma mentioned Erin would be going to a school out in California. As far as I know, she either did not specifically mention the name of the school or my aunt did not recall that detail.

With that information, I assume she is going to Stanford. The Cardinal were in her final list of schools and I know she absolutely loved her visit there. I know some close to her were hoping she would go somewhere closer to the Bluegrass state here, but I hope it works out for her.

I truly believe she is a perfect fit for Stanford - she's the type of player Tara VanDerveer loves and she fits their offensive style. I hope Tara takes good care of her (though I do believe she will) [mod edit]

If I find anything concrete, I will be happy to post it asap.

Matty: Thanks for passing on the information about the school in California. Along with Hoopz's post on her visiting Oregon and information from other boards, I've heard that there are left coast schools that have interest in Erin/she is interested in. And Vandy keeps popping up as an option. Erin received a blanket release from Notre Dame so she can look here there and everywhere and I sincerely wish her the best at the next step in her scholastic career.

[mod edit; OP reference to reason for leaving ND removed from the OP & accordingly from Dillon's quotation/response]

People are interested in why Erin (or Ali, for that matter) left Notre Dame. And some folks have speculated that perhaps Erin was uncomfortable with the manner in which she was coached. However, last I checked, Coach McGraw started Erin was making good progress on the court: whenever Brianna Turner and/or Kat Westbeld was injured, she stared. And, as a freshman, she averaged more than 20 minutes (half a game) in the last two NCAA games against Ohio State and Stanford. As a fan, the future looked bright for her individually and collectively.

Was she uncomfortable with the way she was coached? Perhaps. McGraw...although trying to soften her results-oriented edges...is very direct with her charges, and former players - from Natalie Achonwa and Sky Diggins to Kayla McBride -- have admitted it's not for everyone. However, she does care a lot and is a (major) part of their lives, counseling KMac after her injury and encouraging Michaela Mabrey to get into coaching. I can bet numerous posters here know of a few coaches that can work their players hard in all respects and still have their best interests at heart.

But at this point, we really don't know why Erin left. Both sides have not publicly commented on it and I don't expect them to. However, until there's an on-the-record statement, I don't think it's fair to drop in those kind of teasing, speculative lines without taking a look at both sides of the story.

BTW, while I'm an ND alum and fan, I'm not a blanket endorser of all things MM: her substitution patterns often drive me bananas and I was not a fan of the way she handled Jewell Loyd's decision to go pro. However, no one is perfect and overall she runs a well-respected (by fans and students alike) program.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Dillon,
I apologize that my comments came off in a negative fashion - that was not my intent. I simply wanted to let people know what I had heard down here in central KY.

I respect both Erin and Muffet - while I am UConn fan and do not care for Notre Dame (solely because they are UConn's big rival), I respect what the program has done and will continue to do. I respect what Muffet has done in transforming the program and the players as well.

I hope Erin finds the right school for her - whether it turns out to be Stanford or someone else. Personally I would love to see her there, but again, I hope she finds the right fit. As we have seen with all of the transfers in the last 5 years, it can be hard to find it initially.

Again I do apologize for how my post came across.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Dillon,
I apologize that my comments came off in a negative fashion - that was not my intent. I simply wanted to let people know what I had heard down here in central KY.

I respect both Erin and Muffet - while I am UConn fan and do not care for Notre Dame (solely because they are UConn's big rival), I respect what the program has done and will continue to do. I respect what Muffet has done in transforming the program and the players as well.

I hope Erin finds the right school for her - whether it turns out to be Stanford or someone else. Personally I would love to see her there, but again, I hope she finds the right fit. As we have seen with all of the transfers in the last 5 years, it can be hard to find it initially.

Again I do apologize for how my post came across.

For what it's worth here are several reports that Erin was with Sabrina I. and some others at the Super Regional softball game at UO today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom