EPL starts today. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

EPL starts today.

Reaction Score
Huddersfield did their part, so now it’s 3 teams vying for the last 2 CL spots (foregone conclusion Arsenal gets 3 points at home v Brighton today).

'Forgone conclusion Arsenal gets 3 points at home against Brighton today' LOL. Here, hold my tequila.

I had to watch the game, too, because the never ending rain wiped-out another weekend of 12U and 9U baseball. if it ever dries out, my kids will be playing 5 baseball games a week to catch-up.

The Gunners have to recover quick and try for a draw at Valencia (always a risky proposition with Arsenal's defense on the road) and then take down Chelsea or Frankfurt in the final to make it to the Champions League next season. Not going to be easy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
'Forgone conclusion Arsneal gets 3 points at home against Brighton today' LOL. Here, hold my tequila.

I had to watch the game, too, because the never ending rain wiped-out another weekend of 12U and 9U baseball. if it ever dries out, my kids will be playing 5 baseball games a week to catch-up.

The Gunenrs have to recover quick and try for a draw at Valencia (always a risky proposition with Arsenal's defense on the road) and then take down Chelsea or Frankfurt in the final to make it to the Champions League next season. Not going to be easy.
I didn’t watch it, but caught the result... wow. Apparently only Chelsea wants to play Champions League next season.

Now it’s down to 2 for 1 spot... with Spurs having a massive advantage. If any team can butcher a 3 point and +8 goal diff advantage w/ one match to play... it’s Spurs.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I DVR all the PL games so I try to avoid catching any results. But SiriusXM FC was on when I started the car earlier and I heard this distressed sounding English voice bellowing "I've been an Arsenal supporter for 53 years!" before I could change the channel. That bad, huh?

Reaction Score
I didn’t watch it, but caught the result... wow. Apparently only Chelsea wants to play Champions League next season.

Now it’s down to 2 for 1 spot... with Spurs having a massive advantage. If any team can butcher a 3 point and +8 goal diff advantage w/ one match to play... it’s Spurs.

Question, if Chelsea does finish top 4 and wins Europa, does that open an additional slot for a Premiership team? Apologies as my memory draws a blank on that one.

Of course, this for the Spurs' benefits as they will lose by 4 to Everton while Arsenal will win by 5 at Burnley and then draw at Valencia to make it to Baku where they will trounce Chelsea. This will happen right after I win PowerBall for $2 B, which I use to help to bride UConn's way into the P4.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think it's the other way. If Arsenal finish 5th (or knowing them 6th), and win Europa, then I believe they get the 5th team in CL.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think it's the other way. If Arsenal finish 5th (or knowing them 6th), and win Europa, then I believe they get the 5th team in CL.
Yes

Reaction Score
Well, it's an all England European finals with Tottenham v Liverpool in the Champions and Arsenal and Chelsea in Europa...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well, it's an all England European finals with Tottenham v Liverpool in the Champions and Arsenal and Chelsea in Europa...
Is it OK to call the EPL the best league in Europe yet? Or do we need the latest coefficient?
And none of them may win the league. May, I said may.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And none of them may win the league. May, I said may.
Did you see on ESPN FC when they said "Spurs-Liverpool for a European trophy, Chelsea-Arsenal for a European trophy, City most likely wins the league. Then you have Manchester United."

Reaction Score
A decent final day. A little anticlimactic after 60 minutes, but entertaining. No issue with the results. Spurs limped across the finish line, but did just enough to finish top 4. Good thing they got the hay in the barn earlier in the season.

Looking forward to June 1st!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Still can’t believe Chelsea in the 3 spot.
Well Arsenal, ManU and Tottenham were pretty much giving it away at the end of the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom