Reaction Score
Would love to see a killer chrome helmet like Oregon used to do

Reaction Score
I forgot how much I loved these chrome alternates:

chrome_logo.png

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The chrome is nice as a special alternative. I would like the idea of using it once a year for a significant game but believe it wouldn't work if we used it too often.

My view of the blue helmets with the block C is the one redeeming quality is they are a reminder of when we were at our best. My preference here would be a once every few years throwback.

What I would like the best (again, only one person's opinion) would be for our primary helmet to be a white with the block C, but the block C a bit smaller (80%-85% the current size) and a single blue stripe. Maybe one or two games a year use the husky logo instead of the C.

There has always been something about a clean, crisp look, without too much noise that gives the impression of being more together, more developed, more organized and professional than what wild color schemes presents.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Looked nice, but needs less red and more blue.
Wouldn’t mind it on a blue helmet with the white on the logo in chrome

Reaction Score
Nah, prefer blue. The white on white on white has a very Washington Generals feel to it.
The last few years, we have been playing like the Washington Generals :) . Hope next year we can play like a top 90 team...

Reaction Score
I think this current combo is fine - no need to change just because the coach will change. We had our highest points of success with the Block C and the Husky dog is a simple alternate. Both do the job. They will look a lot better to people once we start winning again.

View attachment 71087
The white helmets just look way better.. plain and simple.. not even close...

Reaction Score
Not that my opinion matters but more I think about it I want the Block C to come to an end. New Era time to roll with the new logo. However if we play a old big east foe I would be open to a throw back unis for both teams on the field

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I remember the lecterns in the larger halls had this helmet logo etched into the front of them in the late 90s. Also, I know it's mostly a relic from a bygone era, but the NCAA Football PlayStation II game from 2002 or 2003 issued helmet stickers. Caulley's helmet was half white by the time I played NC State in a bowl game from the number of dog bones on the back.

rNkIDQJdLRK0PHJ08Q2URWOzM5Z6C8D_GPqLMHioa06ggiiEmqV0yWT9uDN-rHOmWPBMNq_uYHiFwhWjNUgN9GgupBWnTGG-MsTTauSf6KkdfTSylHUklQ
Two things....

1) I love that this is our "Aeropostale jersey days". God that was a joke that they even made jerseys, let alone we wore them as game day ones.

2) I was the same way with my UConn helmets and the dog bones. I thought it was awesome and always wished UConn did that when I played NCAA whatever year it was.

This is my favorite UConn helmet variation (Yes I know the red U is a point of contention for many but I really liked the use of it)

1637356416371.png

Reaction Score
First, check out this link.
UConn helmet history

Second, the dirty little secret of the “block C” is that it is the last remaining remnant of the Aeropostal uniforms

So when people pain away for the “traditional” of the block C, there really pining away for the days when Aeropostal made our uniforms.

The venn diagram of people who like the block C and people who still think the Aeropostale uniforms look “sharp” is very likely just a circle.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
First, check out this link.
UConn helmet history

Second, the dirty little secret of the “block C” is that it is the last remaining remnant of the Aeropostal uniforms

So when people pain away for the “traditional” of the block C, there really pining away for the days when Aeropostal made our uniforms.

Actually, the Block C is on every current UConn uniform. The UCONN wordmark uses the exact same font. The "C" in UCONN is the very same block C. One you see it you can't unsee it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Actually, the Block C is on every current UConn uniform. The UCONN wordmark uses the exact same font. The "C" in UCONN is the very same block C. One you see it you can't unsee it.
Yep, but it lacks the outlining and spacing that football uses.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The chrome is nice as a special alternative. I would like the idea of using it once a year for a significant game but believe it wouldn't work if we used it too often.

My view of the blue helmets with the block C is the one redeeming quality is they are a reminder of when we were at our best. My preference here would be a once every few years throwback.

What I would like the best (again, only one person's opinion) would be for our primary helmet to be a white with the block C, but the block C a bit smaller (80%-85% the current size) and a single blue stripe. Maybe one or two games a year use the husky logo instead of the C.

There has always been something about a clean, crisp look, without too much noise that gives the impression of being more together, more developed, more organized and professional than what wild color schemes presents.
Yeah it’s so nice let’s save it for a special game. Maybe the conference championship

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
I've noticed the Mora era is really extensively using the Husky eyes in their promotional/recruitment announcement materials, so I'm wondering if it might be a theme of the team going forward. We've tried this design before with mixed results; I figured I'd give it another shot and tried my hand at a redesign

I don't think the Husky eyes thing is a bad thing in principle, but the "Husky Head Stripe" where it's encompassed within a straight line that runs front to back looks kind of weird. The better road would have been using the white of the Husky face surrounded by blue as a natural cutoff. Leaning into this concept I also tried to mix in "Husky eye blue" as an alternate color. I've always been partial to powder blues, but this actually works with the logo color scheme as it currently exists (within the eyes).

STmbGiY.png

I'm not a graphic designer so the fidelity/quality of some of these edits may not be the best - just trying to expose the concept.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom