Emily Engstler waived | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Emily Engstler waived

Reaction Score
So, Emily Engstler plays the second fewest minutes (13:28) for the Mystics in the game against the Dream. And she makes the most of that time by shooting 4-6 from the floor, including 1-2 from three and 2-2 from the FT line for 11 points. She also grabbed 8 rebounds, second to Tianna Hawkins' 10. Once again, all this production in 13 minutes.

She'll make it hard for the Thibaults to cut her playing like this.
Who will the Mystics cut to have her make the roster. Also, Shakira Austin didn't play.

Reaction Score
Who will the Mystics cut to have her make the roster. Also, Shakira Austin didn't play.
Based on the forwards remaining, she's competing against Tianna Hawkins, Hines-Allen, and Stephanie Jones. Austin returned from overseas recently, and her return to the court wasn't expected just yet.

I tripped across a person live streaming on IG yesterday. She looked good. While the gentleman was a huge Atlanta Dream fan, he was praising Emily's play yesterday. In his "opinion", she's making the team and proclaimed it many times. His southern accent was adorable.:D

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
@cancontent Based on the forwards remaining, she's competing against Tianna Hawkins, Hines-Allen, and Stephanie Jones. Austin returned from overseas recently, and her return to the court wasn't expected just yet.

TerpWomenFan: That's a fair question. BTW, Myisha Hines-Allen (a player I watched grow up here in Montclair, NJ) didn't play, either, while she's recuperating.

I can't see the Thibaults bringing in a player like Engstler as training camp filler/fodder. She's too good for that and I don't think he'd pull a move like that to keep her from latching on somewhere. @cancontent has indicated three players that Engstler would be vying for PT with. All have their strengths and particular ties to the team. Engstler brings an unerring ability to bring it all over the court at a very consistent level of intensity and effectiveness. That open-floor ability could be a key. We'll see ....

Reaction Score
Based on the forwards remaining, she's competing against Tianna Hawkins, Hines-Allen, and Stephanie Jones. Austin returned from overseas recently, and her return to the court wasn't expected just yet.

I tripped across a person live streaming on IG yesterday. She looked good. While the gentleman was a huge Atlanta Dream fan, he was praising Emily's play yesterday. In his "opinion", she's making the team and proclaimed it many times. His southern accent was adorable.:D

I'd be shocked to see Stephanie Jones make the roster

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
But Hawkins and Jones have the WNBA experience.
Jones doesn't have much. I know her sister has improved every year, but Stephanie just hasn't shown me anything. Hawkins is definitely another story, has a broad skillset and has demonstrated it; I stand corrected there.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Hawkins is also coming off a fabulous season in Australia. She was MVP of the Grand Finals, which her team, Townsville Fire, won.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom