Easier Than A Layup | The Boneyard

Easier Than A Layup

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Tonight's post game "analysis".

Whaley has had three point shots in last two games that just died on back of the rim. Almost impossible to shoot a high arcing 3 and get zero bounce but he's done it.

Agree PG play tonight was real good overall. Really want to see Gaff get more of Adams' minutes. BA just brings nothing to the game on offense.

Whaley got his forever highlight with the spike block.

Across the board UConn players have little awareness on how to feed Sanogo in the post. He just gets massive position near the hoop.

Obviously nice game by Martin.

Polley with 4 boards?????

Hope DH does nothing more than a walk through tomorrow.

Reaction Score

Whaley has had three point shots in last two games that just died on back of the rim. Almost impossible to shoot a high arcing 3 and get zero bounce but he's done it.

Agree PG play tonight was real good overall. Really want to see Gaff get more of Adams' minutes. BA just brings nothing to the game on offense.

Across the board UConn players have little awareness on how to feed Sanogo in the post. He just gets massive position near the hoop.

Agree w/all of that but their layup shooting in heavy traffic was atrocious....make half of the misses and they win by 20+

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score

Nothing more than a walk through layup lines all day.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

Actually I noticed Whaley passing up shots behind the ark. I mean no defenders around him. Last game and last night. Top of the key a number of times. Looks like he is ready to plant himself then looks to pass. You can't give up wide open shots. I agree, Gaff should be out there. Sonogo is special. I agree with the walk through.

Reaction Score
Much better ball movement and penetration last night. You are right that they have no clue how to feed Sonogo. He looks like he could be one of those dominating bigs when he gets a little more polish but the Ned to get him the ball

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Actually I noticed Whaley passing up shots behind the ark. I mean no defenders around him. Last game and last night. Top of the key a number of times. Looks like he is ready to plant himself then looks to pass. You can't give up wide open shots. I agree, Gaff should be out there. Sonogo is special. I agree with the walk through.
Much better ball movement and penetration last night. You are right that they have no clue how to feed Sonogo. He looks like he could be one of those dominating bigs when he gets a little more polish but the Ned to get him the ball

Sanogo had a play in the first half (I think it was first half. May have been second half, but definitely in the first or second half) where he received the pass in the post, went to make a move, hesitated, tried a second move, collected himself again, then did a single dribble and up for a strong basket.

Showed much better patience and awareness of not to panic and travel. Probably helped that Butler either didn't double him or the double was so weak he had time but it was a nice bit of improvement from a guy who is already really good on the blocks.

Reaction Score
While I agree that Squirrel should pull the trigger when he is left as open as he was in the Creighton game, I think it should be limited to those extreme situations. If he starts putting up even lightly contested shots, I fear we will see his percentage drop below 25%.

Reaction Score
Whaley is comfortable with a spot-up 3 off of a diagonal pass. That's fine. Most of the rest of the time it's not a good shot for him. As long as he makes the defense honor it, or beats them with it, the threat is effective.

What we can't have is him and Sanogo playing together against a packed-in defense.

And, yes, Gaffney should be getting a lot more of Brendan Adams's minutes. I think Hurley's hesitance has more to do with the defensive side -- Adams is just stronger than Gaffney and has an easier time switching onto wings and forwards -- but it's not like Adams was great on that side of the ball yesterday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom