E8 Achievement vs YOUR PreSeason Expectations | The Boneyard

E8 Achievement vs YOUR PreSeason Expectations

Reaction Score
UConn: I expected a top four finish. That expectation remains a possibility.

LSU: I expected a top four finish. The expectation remains a possibility.

Iowa: expected a top four finish. The expectation remains a possibility.

Stanford: I expected a top four finish. They have failed.

SCar: based on graduation of four and one/half senior starters, I expected a top eight season. That expectation has been met. And hope lives for higher

Texas; I expected a top 8 finish. That expectation has been achieved and they could finish higher.

UCLA; I expected a Top 8 finish. They have failed.

Southern Cal;
I expected a top 16 finish. They have certainly exceeded that.

NC State: i expected the Wolfies to finish in the top 32 and make the tourney. They’ve beaten the crap out that.

Oregon State: was not on my radar at all

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I only got 5/8. My big miss was that I had K-State making the final four. Big ol' swing and miss.

I had Notre Dame over Oregon State and Baylor over USC. Those were both close, so not embarrassed about that.

I'm glad UConn is playing USC rather than Baylor. I think it's a better matchup, and I expect UConn to win a close one.

I have Texas over NC State -- that has the potential to be a really good game, or Texas could blow out the Pack.

I don't see OrSt giving South Carolina a lot of trouble.

I'm hoping Iowa defeats LSU, again I think Iowa's a better matchup for UConn.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
This season has far, far exceeded anything I had hope for prior to the start of the season. With all the defections and most of our scoring from last year's team gone, I was wondering how the Wolfpack Women would be able to compete. That has what has made this season so exciting and satisfying. And we're one of the final 8 teams who have a chance at the national championship. NOONE in Wolfpack Nation was expecting this.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Stanford: I expected a top four finish. They have failed.
It's funny, because at the start of the season, I sure didn't - nor did the AP or Pac-12 voters: we were pre-season 15 and picked 3rd in the Pac-12. So I think Sweet 16 is about what I would have reasonably hoped for. Now once we saw how great Iriafen was, and at times when Brink and Iriafen managed to stay on the court for most of the game - think our romps against Indiana, UCLA, and at Arizona and Arizona State - then we looked like a legit Final Four contender. But we knew from the start our guard play was a big weakness, and we were basically a Brink Foul Trouble and Bad Outside Shooting Night away from losing to nearly any good team. And boy was the second half of our game against NC State exemplary of those dynamics...

Trying to be grateful, still a little bitter...

UCLA; I expected a Top 8 finish. They have failed.

Speaking of bitter, if I were a UCLA fan, I'd be super bitter. They had a stacked starting five, and Osborne has played with way too much talent to have only made one Elite Eight in 5 years at UCLA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom