E has been waived !!! | The Boneyard

E has been waived !!!

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
1656108454231.png

Reaction Score
This is why it’s so difficult for me to fall 100% in love with the “W”. Far too many complexities as to why the teams keep/release players. And some of these intricacies may add to the mental stress of the players. In my opinion, the league doesn’t allow the young ones (rookies and 2nd yr players) enough time to develop their skills, while getting acclimated to the overall system. Maybe I’m missing something, but I believe the employer, the “W”, needs to do a better job of investing in its employees, the players. Sadly, all these players want to display their skills and talents in this league, so they stay. Too bad they don’t walk away.

Reaction Score
This is why it’s so difficult for me to fall 100% in love with the “W”. Far too many complexities as to why the teams keep/release players. And some of these intricacies may add to the mental stress of the players. In my opinion, the league doesn’t allow the young ones (rookies and 2nd yr players) enough time to develop their skills, while getting acclimated to the overall system. Maybe I’m missing something, but I believe the employer, the “W”, needs to do a better job of investing in its employees, the players. Sadly, all these players want to display their skills and talents in this league, so they stay. Too bad they don’t walk away.
hard to show off skills when the lg makes no money and loses 10 million dollars a season.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
What? She's like their leading scorer
This looks like a classic case of a non-contending team getting rid of its older (higher-paid) star players. Phoenix has made the judgment that they will not be a contending team in time for Tina's contribution to help them win a championship, so they might as well spend their limited dollars and cap space on younger players.

Clearly, though, Tina would have value to a contending team. It's slightly surprising that a trade could not have been worked out, but then no other team wants to give up young talent even if it is a year or two away from being championship caliber.

I would expect that Tina will be picked up by a contending team, maybe the Sun (who just cut loose Joyner Holmes and Jazmine Jones).

Reaction Score
This looks like a classic case of a non-contending team getting rid of its older (higher-paid) star players. Phoenix has made the judgment that they will not be a contending team in time for Tina's contribution to help them win a championship, so they might as well spend their limited dollars and cap space on younger players.

Clearly, though, Tina would have value to a contending team. It's slightly surprising that a trade could not have been worked out, but then no other team wants to give up young talent even if it is a year or two away from being championship caliber.

I would expect that Tina will be picked up by a contending team, maybe the Sun (who just cut loose Joyner Holmes and Jazmine Jones).
She needs to head West and help Stewie, and Jewell send Sue out in Style. Wouldn't have to play a lot of minutes, and wouldn't see many double teams.
Wouldn't have to worry about getting the ball everyone passes on Seattle, or you sit on the bench.
Seattle needs to sign a player, they only have 10 under contract. And we don't know when Russell will be back. A good fit for Tina, a lot of players she knows well.

Reaction Score
How would they have any room in their front court? Already bringing a very good Brionna Jones off the bench.
As I said Seattle is the place for Tina, Sue, Stewie, Jewell all are USA teammates, best 3 point shooting team. Need a low post presence, and rebounding.

Reaction Score
y it’s so difficult for me to fall 100% in love with the “W”. Far too many complexities as to why the teams keep/release players. And some of these intricacies may add to the mental stress of the players. In my opinion, the league doesn’t allow the young ones (rookies and 2nd yr players) enough time to develop their skills, while getting acclimated to the overall system. Maybe I’m missing something, but I believe the employer, the “W”, needs to do a better job of investing in its employees, the players. Sadly, all these players want to display their skills and talents in this league, so they stay. Too bad they don’t walk away.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom