Dumpster rental | The Boneyard

Dumpster rental

Reaction Score
I am stripping and replacing the boards and railings from my deck. I have the debris from that project, plus some other junk from my yard to dispose of. Any advice regarding dumpster rental would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for company recommendations, things to look out for, price expectations, etc.

For the record, I am thinking a 6-yarder will suffice, but I might go for a 10-yarder to be safe. Everything I need to throw out is ready to go, so I only need the dumpster for a couple days.

Reaction Score
IDK about renting a dumpster, but I just moved and the owner left a lot of stuff (and there was a lot of nonsense in the woods behind the house) - we hired Junkluggers to get rid of it all - we put everything in the driveway and they took it all.

One full truckload from them costs about $750. But was worth saving the aggravation of dealing with it myself. There might be cheaper options.

They have a minimum charge of $120 - and then they size it up like 1/4 truck = $x, 1/2, etc.

Reaction Score
Check out bagster
I came across this in my research. I think it's a little bit too small for my application this time, but I can see myself using it in the future. Really cool idea and service!

Reaction Score
I came across this in my research. I think it's a little bit too small for my application this time, but I can see myself using it in the future. Really cool idea and service!
My son is cleaning out the house he just bought. Bagster is good if it's gonna take some time to gather everything.

Reaction Score
Fire This Is Fine GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
@Get a Job Better to go a little bigger than you need. We just got a 12 yard roll off for landscaping items. Try to get 2 weeks, most will give you a week, but some offer 2 weeks for similar pricing. If you get a week, make sure you know what they charge per day if you need more time and find out what you"ll pay if you go over the weight restrictions.

I've used a few different companies, feel free to pm.

Reaction Score
Have rented dumpsters twice and used local companies. Last used CWPM out of Plainville I believe. Know the salesmen and asked for a 12 yard unit and got a 30 because that is all they had available. Charged for the 12 and was given 2000lbs load for the price of around 400.00. They drop of and pick up and dispose of the material. Must be construction type material, no electronics or hazardous type materials. Found you can get an open ended period of time with a little discussion. You'll find your neighbors will suddenly start cleaning out their property once they see what you can offer.

Reaction Score
I am stripping and replacing the boards and railings from my deck. I have the debris from that project, plus some other junk from my yard to dispose of. Any advice regarding dumpster rental would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for company recommendations, things to look out for, price expectations, etc.

For the record, I am thinking a 6-yarder will suffice, but I might go for a 10-yarder to be safe. Everything I need to throw out is ready to go, so I only need the dumpster for a couple days.
Where are you located? My family owns a company out of central CT (Southington) that I highly recommend on all fronts - quality, customer service, etc. (although I’m biased, of course) - pm me if you're in central CT

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Good idea with lumber prices.

Reaction Score
I used Cherry Hill when I cleaned out the house and garage after selling. Easy, online, credit card, date of drop off and pickup needed.

Reaction Score
Find out what the dumpster costs then call one of those haul away junk guys. When they come over to give u a price and do the job u can negotiate. Prob to the same price of the roll off. And they do the work. Once they get to your house they don’t want to leave without getting the job

Reaction Score
Rented a dumpster 2 weeks ago. 15 cubic yards for $500. We filled it, but came in under the weight limit. Almost everything was ready to go, so they dropped it off and we were done in <2 days and I had them come back early to pick it up.

Reaction Score
We are renovating my in laws house while they are in Fla for the season. My wife decided we should use one of those stupid dumpster bags they sell at Home Depot, and promptly filled it up in one weekend.... we were only about 10% done with the job.

So eventually rented a 15 yarder and nearly filled that up, too. It cost me the same amount as the dumpster bag.

Moral of the story - always go with the bigger dumpster.

Reaction Score
Better to get a bigger dumpster rather have extra space then not enough and need a second one. I load 30 yarders all the time

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I don’t have any advice but this is kind of on time/topic. Demo’d a bathroom in my house today (3 day job, keeping toilet and tub) and got a junk removal guy to pick up vanity/sink, linen cabinet, floor tile and bath tile/walls for $195. 5x8.

Reaction Score
Thanks for all the input everyone! I ended up going with PurpleDumpster because they had a decent deal on a 10-yarder and I was able to do the entire transaction in about 30 seconds online. Ended up coming in at just under $300 for a 10-yarder for 1 week with 1000 lb included. I will likely finish with it on Saturday and ask them to pick it up early.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
I’m a remodeling contractor. Long history of renting dumpsters. Rule of thumb is always go bigger. Smaller dumpsters always got packed and tended to exceed the weight limit. Ended up costing the same as a 30 or 40 yard with the overage charges. Better off having the space.

For some reason the roll off companies always wanted to deliver on a Friday. Clients would ask if it was ok to throw some items in and I would say “a couple of things are ok, you are paying for it anyway.” Come back on Monday and the thing was always three quarter full. Didn’t matter to me I would just get another dumpster and charge them for that one too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom