Duke to NBA | The Boneyard

Duke to NBA

Reaction Score
I assume David.

This is more evidence these kids just aren't that interested in the product that is college basketball. I'm sure there will be those who claim Duke isn't ready. He needs to develop more. Just like many say about Bouk. They are probably right.... but i don't think it matters. As I said, many of these kids are just not interested in the product that is college basketball.

I don't blame them. The demands on a college athlete are very high. None of us could do it (or almost none).

My comment bleeds into the new transfer rules, paying players and many of our conversations that are moderately controversial. Its fine if you don't like the new transfer rules. It's fine if you don't want to pay the athletes. You want things to stay the same.... that's cool. Just be prepared for kids to look for other avenues. Like the G League, or Europe.... or just leaving college entirely too early.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He is physically ready to compete with men but not sure if he is mentally ready. When he is good he is good. I think that maybe Cooley is over his mood swings and is ok with Duke and PeeCee parting ways. Good luck to him. He could go higher than some think he deserves in the draft

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I was not impressed the 2 times I saw him. Good luck.

Reaction Score

Isn't he a projected 2nd round pick? Friend of mine who is a PC fan texted me that he's projected to go in the 1st round.

Reaction Score
I agree that he's a 2nd rounder. Maybe he's just had enough of school and is ready to start his pro career, here or abroad.

Reaction Score
I assume David.

This is more evidence these kids just aren't that interested in the product that is college basketball. I'm sure there will be those who claim Duke isn't ready. He needs to develop more. Just like many say about Bouk. They are probably right.... but i don't think it matters. As I said, many of these kids are just not interested in the product that is college basketball.

I don't blame them. The demands on a college athlete are very high. None of us could do it (or almost none).

My comment bleeds into the new transfer rules, paying players and many of our conversations that are moderately controversial. Its fine if you don't like the new transfer rules. It's fine if you don't want to pay the athletes. You want things to stay the same.... that's cool. Just be prepared for kids to look for other avenues. Like the G League, or Europe.... or just leaving college entirely too early.
I want guys to go to Europe or the G league. In fact I waa was by guys who are talented enough to go to the NBA right from high school and I want a more extensive G league. And I want the NCAA to make it hard on schools that regularly have kids leave early by making scholarships unavailable until a kids class would graduate. Let kids who want to play college basketball play college basketball and guys. Hi want to be pros be pros.

Reaction Score
With all these players receiving info about being first round picks, we'd think the NBA has 60 teams.
Like that every year. I think NBA teams mislead kids because they want as many players in the draft as possible.

Reaction Score
The NBA is a ruthless business that will do whatever it can to maximize the league and its profits without regard to how many kids’ lives are ruined in the process by inducing them to leave educational institutions. The rule ought to be very simple - can’t draft or solicit any student until they graduate or for 4 years from when they enter school. Otherwise, draft out of high school, house, cloth, feed and instruct them at your own risk.

Reaction Score
I want guys to go to Europe or the G league. In fact I waa was by guys who are talented enough to go to the NBA right from high school and I want a more extensive G league. And I want the NCAA to make it hard on schools that regularly have kids leave early by making scholarships unavailable until a kids class would graduate. Let kids who want to play college basketball play college basketball and guys. Hi want to be pros be pros.
"And I want the NCAA to make it hard on schools that regularly have kids leave early by making scholarships unavailable until a kids class would graduate." This. Been saying it for years, would get CBB back to the way it was before the one and dones.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
"And I want the NCAA to make it hard on schools that regularly have kids leave early by making scholarships unavailable until a kids class would graduate." This. Been saying it for years, would get CBB back to the way it was before the one and dones.

You’d have a lot less one and dones if the NBA let the top guys jump. Especially with this more expensive g league

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
You gotta get those kids off your lawn first

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
No. You just need to get the NBA to cut the crap and draft kids out of high school.
I think most people agree on that. But trying to be punitive about kids leaving early seems crazy. Unless the thought is to have all kids with aspirations of playing pro prior to graduating playing in some other forum...which would be a huge chunk of the talent and nearly all of any future NBA talent

Reaction Score
I think most people agree on that. But trying to be punitive about kids leaving early seems crazy. Unless the thought is to have all kids with aspirations of playing pro prior to graduating playing in some other forum...which would be a huge chunk of the talent and nearly all of any future NBA talent
Fine. College basketball will be better. And there will still be NBA talent. This is not supposed to be the G league. It is supposed to be college basketball. Some people have lost sight of that over the past decade especially.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom