Duke Dejected About Bracket | The Boneyard

Duke Dejected About Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
From Nan's Links today - article from the Sanford Herald paper - a quote:

"McCallie called the seeding "unforgivable," and that she could see the dejection on her players' faces when the seeds were announced putting them in same bracket as UConn."

Sometimes Joanie P could be a little more tactful about her players reactions. That remark is a good reason why I don't like her style. Why let everyone know publicly that UConn is in their heads?(even tho we know it's true...)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I agree. Given that they could have gone to is Louisville, they would have been a 2 seed playing #3 L'ville on their home court. I don't think they would have made it past L'ville. Or the ND bracket where they could have faced Kentucky.

At least in their bracket, I'd give them a much better chance against an over rated SEC team aTm than against arguably the #3 or 4 team in the nation in L'ville... or trying to get past Kentucky before having to face ND. UCONN is the hardest 1 seed, but aTm is the easiest 3 seed...

Reaction Score
From Nan's Links today - article from the Sanford Herald paper - a quote:

"McCallie called the seeding "unforgivable," and that she could see the dejection on her players' faces when the seeds were announced putting them in same bracket as UConn."

Sometimes Joanie P could be a little more tactful about her players reactions. That remark is a good reason why I don't like her style. Why let everyone know publicly that UConn is in their heads?(even tho we know it's true...)
She's playing the 'no respect' card awfully early. Or maybe just using some reverse psychology on UConn.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
with apologies to Nat King Cole..

"Unforgiveable..these brackets are.
.Unforgiveable..that's what they are!

Like a cloud of woe that clings to me, the sight of UConn does things to me,
Never before has something been more..

Unforgiveable.. in every way
and, forever more
that's what I'll say..

That's why, Geno, it's incredible
that this seeding, so inedible
makes me tweet things
with unforgettable 'tude..."

Reaction Score
Where did she want to play where she wasn't going to have to beat UCONN to win an N.C. Sorry, her goal was to get to the FF, not win and N.C. Maybe she should start by raising her goals.

6 TO GO

HGN

Reaction Score
I saw that article.....To hear your coach is so dejected to maybe have to play UConn is not too encouraging for the players.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Let's face it, with their injuries the Duke team does not look like a Final Four team, probably in any region. With Gray and Jones, they could have been a 1 seed.

I think everyone wants to avoid UConn for as long as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom