Drummond big night | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Drummond big night

Reaction Score
Safe to assume all the posters suggesting Dre isn't making HoF because he's been on losing teams also would out Carmelo?

Just a guy who scored but never accomplished any success in NBA. High volume scorer on bad teams.
Carmelo has an ncaa championship as a freshman, gold medals, 10 all star selections and 6 all nba selections. He was also respected as a great player for many years of his career. Drummond just isn’t seen that way.

Reaction Score
Safe to assume all the posters suggesting Dre isn't making HoF because he's been on losing teams also would out Carmelo?

Just a guy who scored but never accomplished any success in NBA. High volume scorer on bad teams.
melo 10x all-star, 6x all nba, 4 olympic teams, and one (yuck) ncaa championship.

different kind of resume.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yeah Melo is not a good example. One of the more diverse offensive games the NBA has seen. If Andre hooks onto a great team in his waning years he should be a HOFer, his rebounding numbers are the greatest of all time when accounting for the time period skews that Wilt and Russell have.

One of the more diverse offensive games NBA has ever seen? How awful a statement.

Please he was mid range shooter and post up player.

He's Alex English. Real good scorer who never made his teammates better or won anything.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
One of the more diverse offensive games NBA has ever seen? How awful a statement.

He's Alex English. Real good scorer who never made his teammates better or won anything.
dude! i was just checking out alex english stats as you posted bcuz an uncle always called him alex english! i call him marshmellow, but i've heard him called the 'where the basketball goes to die' guy. you nailed it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
dude! i was just checking out alex english stats as you posted bcuz an uncle always called him alex english! i call him marshmellow, but i've heard him called the 'where the basketball goes to die' guy. you nailed it.

I just spent past 15 mins reviewing their career stats. Eerily similar.

Reaction Score

Mid range, post up, 3 point on good shooting percentages, plus mastered iso when teams keyed on him. Not that crazy of a statement.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
melo 10x all-star, 6x all nba, 4 olympic teams, and one (yuck) ncaa championship.

different kind of resume.

Only thing Carmelo has to really stand out is the NCAA championship. Which is why I am a big believer in Rip making HoF. It's not NBA HoF, it's the basketball HoF.

I was suggesting Carmelo's NBA numbers are just numbers. He never won or led a team to greatness at the NBA level.

Being the freshman star leading a team to an NCAA title throughout reg season and tourney is a significant accomplishment.

At the NBA level Carmelo is Alex English.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Bigger picture is Drummond will get in HoF because he will have historically great rebounding numbers and he won't be kept out of HoF if he never wins a championship in NBA.

Will he be considered a top-5 center of all-time? No.

Probably won't be a top-10 centering all time. But he will get in HoF.

Reaction Score
How do u guys think Andre would do with the Knicks. Keep Julius Randle as a stretch 4 and Andre at 5? Move Robinson in a trade for a wing player

Reaction Score
Bigger picture is Drummond will get in HoF because he will have historically great rebounding numbers and he won't be kept out of HoF if he never wins a championship in NBA.

Will he be considered a top-5 center of all-time? No.

Probably won't be a top-10 centering all time. But he will get in HoF
not to bad-mouth a uconn guy, but you could make the argument that drummond isn't even a top-10 center in the nba right now...

Reaction Score
How do u guys think Andre would do with the Knicks. Keep Julius Randle as a stretch 4 and Andre at 5? Move Robinson in a trade for a wing player
I don’t think he would be in their plans. I hope he gets sent to a contender during the season. Cavs now have Jarret Allen who is younger and cheaper than Drummond and a really nice player so it would be smart if they could trade him. But somebody has to want him. He was a free agent and Nobody wanted him (for a high salary) so he picked up his option with the cavs this season. That says something about how he’s viewed in the league and also about the way the league is trending.

Reaction Score

Ranked 12th here.
He is better than Al, Jonas, Ayton, Nurkic and Kristaps. Also Kristaps is not a center. Also i’d take him over Gobert, Gobert just has the benefit of being on a good team for the majority of his career.

Reaction Score
He is better than Al, Jonas, Ayton, Nurkic and Kristaps. Also Kristaps is not a center. Also i’d take him over Gobert, Gobert just has the benefit of being on a good team for the majority of his career.
I think Gobert is better but Drummond is underrated on that list.

Reaction Score
I think Gobert is better but Drummond is underrated on that list.
I think it’s close don’t get me wrong. Gobert is untouchable on interior defense, Andre is substantially better on the perimeter though. Also passing Andre is way better, plus rebounding and paint scoring. Gobert is carried by his interior D and just an overall good team, which Andre has never had.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Ranked 12th here.

yeah. Any opinion list which puts Embiid at #2 and calls him the second coming of Olajuwon, goes in the trash.

He got the easy #1 center listed correctly. The rest is pretty bad. Not even specific to Drummond, but the overall list is, well, no good.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
yeah. Any opinion list which puts Embiid at #2 and calls him the second coming of Olajuwon, goes in the trash.

He got the easy #1 center listed correctly. The rest is pretty bad. Not even specific to Drummond, but the overall list is, well, no good.
“I’d rather have anyone on this list I ranked better than him instead”

no dude that’s why you said they were better!

Reaction Score

i agree that this list is not very good, but (assuming anthony davis is not a center) who do you have above embiid? he's playing at an mvp level this season.

Reaction Score

I was in the Garden when Alex English, playing for South Carolina, lit us up in the NIT.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Alex English is in the Hall of Fame

Which is my point. Plenty of players like English whose career stats are really nice but winning accomplishments are lacking are in the HoF.

And if you look at English and Anthony their pro career stats are near mirror images.

Out of the top 20 NBA/ABA career rebound leaders only Buck Williams is out of the HoF.

Andre is trending towards easily making HoF regardless of team accomplishment or how the game changes stylistically or strategically.

Reaction Score
Which is my point. Plenty of players like English whose career stats are really nice but winning accomplishments are lacking are in the HoF.

And if you look at English and Anthony their pro career stats are near mirror images.

Out of the top 20 NBA/ABA career rebound leaders only Buck Williams is out of the HoF.

Andre is trending towards easily making HoF regardless of team accomplishment or how the game changes stylistically or strategically.
Carmelo played in 77 playoff games, Alex English played in 68 playoff games, Drummond has played in 8 playoff games.

Alex English was an 8 time all-star, and 3 time second team all NBA. Melo a 10 time all-star, 2 time second team all NBA, and 4 time third team all NBA. Drummond 2 time all star and 1 time third team all NBA.

Take off the Husky colored glasses

Reaction Score
Drummond was not bad in 2012. Was he dominant? No, but he still had a solid Fr year and was obviously a first round draft pick.

Aside from that, 2012 will go down as one of the most, if not the most confusing season in Calhoun’s career at UConn. We’ve been over that hundreds of times, but It is still mind boggling how a team with Drummond, Lamb, Napier, Boatright, Daniels, Giffey, AO, and Roscoe, only ended up playing in the 8/9 game of the NCAA Tournament.

Drummond was underwhelming given the hype, plus he was inconsistent. A brief example: he had 8 games of fewer than 5 points, a quarter of his games. There were enough games where he was a non-factor. He was the #2 recruit in the country and slid to 9th in the draft despite being a physical freak (somehow guys like Thomas Robinson were selected ahead of him). There was no excuse for him not being a Top 5 pick--that's on NBA front offices--but it gives an idea of how he was viewed and performed in his lone season at UConn.

The '12 team had the worst chemistry of any Calhoun-led team. It was devoid of leadership. Looking back there are a lot of great names but it was sophomore year Bazz (an efficient player), Boat was a freshman off the bench, Giffey and Daniels were largely non-factors, and the frontcourt of Drummond-AO-Roscoe was a poor fit. Still, no excuse for that team to go 20-14, though we lost so many close games that year.

vs CIN by 3
@ TEN by 3
vs ND by 2
vs Cuse by 2
@ PC by 2

Shooting 66% from the charity stripe as a team certainly didn't help.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Admittedly, I didn't watch a lot of Nuggets back in the day but what I saw was team ball, iirc. I think it's harsh to paint English with selfish Carmelo's brush.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom