Drew Brees | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Drew Brees

Reaction Score
So prior to the playoff game he had 3 broken ribs one side, 8 broken ribs on the other side. Collapsed lung, torn fascia, torn rotator cuff. Went 9-3, 24tds 6 hints and 71% completion pct. Not bad.

Reaction Score
Brees hinted at retirement before the season started. He already has a broadcasting gig lined up for him.

Reaction Score
Rivers just retired btw, that one suprised me a little as I believe he had a good year or 2 left in him.

Reaction Score
Huh? He has been an elite QB in the NFL for almost two decades and has a super bowl. He is a lock first ballot HOF. Somewhat easy to overlook him since he was overshadowed by Brady and Peyton during his career, but zero doubt he's a deserving hall of famer.
How many QB's have productive 5 year careers....not many. How about 20? Count them on 1 hand. Brees had an incredible career and gave a lot back to the league and the greater New Orleans community. Boiler Up!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Drew Brees is(was) a good quarterback but IMO is not a Hall of Fame quarterback. It’s the HALL OF FAME, not the hall of good.
appreciate your opinion but in my opinion you couldn't be more incorrect
Unfortunate for him is that more than a handful of 1st ballot HoF QBs played in the same era as Brees
But that doesn't diminish his stats or his contributions (and I do not like the Saints at all)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Drew Brees is(was) a good quarterback but IMO is not a Hall of Fame quarterback. It’s the HALL OF FAME, not the hall of good.
Yeah your knowledge of the sport is limited to say the least. He is a Hall of Famer in the five years

Husky25

Reaction Score
No, I just have very high standards.
Don't look up stats, Don't do a pros/cons. It's an up or down vote:

Eli Manning. Yay or Nay?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't look up stats, Don't do a pros/cons. It's an up or down vote:

Eli Manning. Yay or Nay?

Ha. You know that's a tough one, good question. Eli won two Super Bowls beating the Pats and TB both times. He also played like a billion games in a row without injury as I remember. Statistically, I'd say no, but he's a unique situation and I say he is in.

My reasons:
A. He is on the short list of multi-time Super Bowl winners.
B. He's a Manning
C. He beat the GOAT to win both Super Bowls

On top of that, he played quite a few years with weak teams backing him up. Anyway, if I think Eli is a HOF'er, Brees certainly is.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Ha. You know that's a tough one, good question. Eli won two Super Bowls beating the Pats and TB both times. He also played like a billion games in a row without injury as I remember. Statistically, I'd say no, but he's a unique situation and I say he is in.

My reasons:
A. He is on the short list of multi-time Super Bowl winners.
B. He's a Manning
C. He beat the GOAT to win both Super Bowls

On top of that, he played quite a few years with weak teams backing him up. Anyway, if I think Eli is a HOF'er, Brees certainly is.
See? This is the quintessential Hall of Very Good debates.

A. Jim Plunkett won two and he's not in (incidentally, also had a .500 record).
B. Only leverage in my book, but then again, Archie's not in The Hall.
C. He didn't actually play against Brady. Played on the team, vs. the Patriots, QB is an offensive position.

Be that as it may, @CTBballfan243 's answer can't be used against him, which was the point of the exercise. ;) If Manning is considered a HoFer, Brees is a no-brainer. The only solid checkmarks in Eli's favor are those two Super Bowl victories.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Rivers just retired btw, that one suprised me a little as I believe he had a good year or 2 left in him.

Rivers and Matty Ice will be interesting tests IMO for the HoF. Great numbers but neither one won anything. I wouldn't put in either one. Basically modern day Dan Fouts'. I'd rather see Eli and Plunkett in there before I'd see Ryan or Rivers.

Reaction Score
So if Brees isn’t a HOF in your eyes what qb that is in the HOF shouldn’t be in then.
Commenting on only the QB's I have seen play. I would not have voted for Dan Fouts, Fran Tarkington, or Kurt Warner. I only saw Joe Namath at the end of his career, but I wouldn't have put him in either. They all were good QB's, just not HOF's in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Commenting on only the QB's I have seen play. I would not have voted for Dan Fouts, Fran Tarkington, or Kurt Warner. I only saw Joe Namath at the end of his career, but I wouldn't have put him in either. They all were good QB's, just not HOF's in my opinion.

Since there is precedent for very good QBs getting into the HOF, isn’t it clear that very good is good enough? Also, Plunkett should probably be in. He had better career numbers than Namath and won 2 Super Bowls. He also had an interesting life story.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom