down goes Nurse…. Mercury vs Aces | Page 2 | The Boneyard

down goes Nurse…. Mercury vs Aces

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
As we all feared. Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Nurse was around when the merc got blown out in their first game of the series as well.
First game was a 6 point margin, hardly a blowout.

I do think Game 2 and Game 3 were pretty much best case scenarios for the Merc, hardly indicative of the way the team has played all during the season. And both were fairly awful for Las Vegas. Game 4 was perhaps a regression to the mean for both.

Reaction Score
That's so sad, I hope she has a quick recovery and comes back even stronger. Maybe since she's not going overseas she will do some of her rehab at UConn and while she is there go to a couple of games.
Agreed regarding recovery. Where she does her rehab is a good question. She may opt to do it in Canada while working with TSN as a CBB analyst. Regardless, I just hope it goes well and that she can get back to form as soon as feasibly possible.

I think this also affects Canada Basketball with respect to FIBA tournaments next year. Aren't the worlds being held in Australia in 2022?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So sad for Kia and the rest of the Phx team. I think being down her and Cunningham (1 starter and 1 key reserve) will be too much for them to overcome.

Las Vegas vs. Chicago. My 2 least favorite teams in the WNBA. Can't root for either of them, even with the UCONN alums playing on each team.

Reaction Score
Losing a player is never good for a team. However, it is presumptuous to infer that it was the cause of their loss. Its not like it was a close game. There are variable factors in volved in a loss or win. Nurse was around when the merc got blown out in their first game of the series as well. Players, as do teams , have their good games and then their bad games. We can never tell which will happen on any given day. The Aces won because more of their players were hot and hit their shots while the Mercs were cold. The mercs won game two and game three for the same reason. Nurse is not a scorer but a defender and what the Mercs were lacking was not defense but rather offense. They hit a cold streak in the third period while the Aces went on a run.

They probably missed Cunninghams scoring more than Nurses defense, although Cunninghams replacement was their hottest player and carred them for some time. Had Cunningham been available she probobly would not have gotten the minutes to score all those points. YOu never know sometimes the replacement plays better than the person they replace.
was she not the one who guarded the Aces top scoring guard

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
was she not the one who guarded the Aces top scoring guard
So who has she been guarding? Plum, Williams and Gray have been the top 3 scorers for the Aces during the series, all up significantly from their regular season averages. Young's scoring is down quite a bit, but that's happened every year in the post season for her, and she's really not the player you have to key on to beat the Aces. Overall the Merc have done a very good job guarding the Aces front court players, and really not a good job defending their guards. And that's not skewed by Game 4, that reflects the whole series.

Reaction Score
So sad for Kia and the rest of the Phx team. I think being down her and Cunningham (1 starter and 1 key reserve) will be too much for them to overcome.

Las Vegas vs. Chicago. My 2 least favorite teams in the WNBA. Can't root for either of them, even with the UCONN alums playing on each team.
What were you saying? :D:rolleyes: Will you be rooting for Phoenix?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What were you saying? :D:rolleyes: Will you be rooting for Phoenix?
NEVER been so happy to be wrong. When Phx got down 10, I thought "this is it... It's over. They have just run out of gas". But Dee's Q4 was as incredible a performance as I've ever seen.

Playing with a high ankle sprain AND a fracture in her foot. One of the most incredible individual performances in the history of the league IMHO.

Whilst I absolutely LOVE Dolson, and am OK with Stevens, I loathe Parker with the fire of 1,000 suns. Don't care for Deshields either, but that has more to do with my dislike of Tennessee fans we well as the ridiculous and undeserved hype announcers heap on Diamond. So... I might be rooting for Phx. We will see... LOL :p

Reaction Score
NEVER been so happy to be wrong. When Phx got down 10, I thought "this is it... It's over. They have just run out of gas". But Dee's Q4 was as incredible a performance as I've ever seen.

Playing with a high ankle sprain AND a fracture in her foot. One of the most incredible individual performances in the history of the league IMHO.

Whilst I absolutely LOVE Dolson, and am OK with Stevens, I loathe Parker with the fire of 1,000 suns. Don't care for Deshields either, but that has more to do with my dislike of Tennessee fans we well as the ridiculous and undeserved hype announcers heap on Diamond. So... I might be rooting for Phx. We will see... LOL :p
I'd really like to see Dolson or Plum or both wind up in Seattle but don't know what their contracts would say about that and then there's the whole money thing... I don't think either one of them are being set up for success and you know Seattle would put a great PG to work.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom