Doty feels Bueckers’ pain | The Boneyard

Doty feels Bueckers’ pain

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

“Knowing what it’s like, knowing it’s the second time she’s been hurt in a short amount of time, you feel that,” Doty said Friday. “After missing so many games and her putting all of that work in to get back and eventually play in the national championship game, this happens. And it’s an ACL. It’s not something that you can just go in and get cleaned up and come back in a week. This is a 9-12 month process and it’s a grind day after day."

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

“Knowing what it’s like, knowing it’s the second time she’s been hurt in a short amount of time, you feel that,” Doty said Friday. “After missing so many games and her putting all of that work in to get back and eventually play in the national championship game, this happens. And it’s an ACL. It’s not something that you can just go in and get cleaned up and come back in a week. This is a 9-12 month process and it’s a grind day after day."
Literally and figuratively.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
It's great to have someone you can lean on who understands. I'm glad Paige has Azzi; I wish Shea was still around. I remember Doty talking about what a comfort Shea was.

Reaction Score
It's great to have someone you can lean on who understands. I'm glad Paige has Azzi; I wish Shea was still around. I remember Doty talking about what a comfort Shea was.
always thought Doty shoulda been on this coaching staff, Faris too but her I'm not sure she was interested in coaching.

Reaction Score
9-12 months! Is it inconceivable that Paige could recover in time to participate in the NCAA tournament? Not pushing for it, just questioning if it could be possible? Could someone have an exceptionally fast rehab and shave a month off of the traditional recovery time?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
9-12 months! Is it inconceivable that Paige could recover in time to participate in the NCAA tournament? Not pushing for it, just questioning if it could be possible? Could someone have an exceptionally fast rehab and shave a month off of the traditional recovery time?
Paige will participate. Coordinating celebrations. :)

Reaction Score
Not inconceivable, but definitely unlikely. Nine months puts her right around April and rushing back from an injury like a torn ACL is kinda reckless. Some people heal quick and might be able to recover in 6-8 months, but that’s more of an anomaly than a standard. It would be much better for her to take time to let her body heal, regain strength, conditioning, and learn how to move her body to help prevent future injuries.

There’s also always the mental aspect of an ACL tear and overcoming that, even with Paige’s tenacity, is a huge hurdle. Here’s hoping for an great recovery and comeback, but also here’s hoping she takes all the time she needs to properly recover!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom