Dorka Juhasz transferring to UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Dorka Juhasz transferring to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Transfers played a huge role in the national championships won in 2017, 2018 and 2019. I'm referring to Davis and Gray at South Carolina, Shepard at Notre Dame and Jackson at Baylor. Safe to say we'd have different national champions in those years if not for the aforementioned transfers.

Arizona made its Final Four run with the help of 4 transfers (McDonald, Baptiste, Pellington and Yeaney).

I suppose now we're going to read some different takes on transfers, bad for the game, etc.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
And that is all you need. Tuck was usually only 1 for 2 a game from 3 and that was enough to keep the defense honest.
I think Anna could’ve did the same in the tourney

Reaction Score
I'm not so sure about that. Olivia played really good against Baylor but seemed spent for Arizona. If she had a partner her size to split minutes at C, maybe Arizona would have gone better. Aaliyah needs to concentrate on being her best PF.
I think the way I would express it is that Liv needs to concentrate on being Aaliyah's best C next year.

I hope this is not one of those years where the seniors think "Now that I am a senior, it's my time to be a team leader," because I think by the next tipoff the best thing that could happen for the team is that they acknowledge that they have two sophomore leaders driving the Huskie-mobile, with a watchful, knowing eye being contributed by a Mama hen here and there. Leaders lead.

Reaction Score
Very surprised at this news. I apologize to those BY’ers who I doubted when they first suggested this possibility. Clearly, Geno has opened up a pipeline to Eastern European players. The challenge of managing the roster next season will be significant.

Managing a roster is now in a new era. I know of a D-1 men’s coach who, off the record, said that he might never recruit a high school player again. A former D-1 coach commented that coaches can now basically cut their squad by telling players who are not playing the minutes they think they deserve, that the portal would be their best option, then the coach replaces them with that same portal (with what they consider an upgrade). That same coach also stated that, in recruiting, the worst mistakes were not the players who you didn’t get, but the ones you did get that, for whatever reason, couldn’t play in your system.
One negative I see from the player’s side in entering the portal, with the number who have thrown their hat in the ring, is that when the music stops there will be a significant number who end up without a D-1 scholarship, especially on the men’s side. JMO

Reaction Score
This is the ONLY thing missing from our team next year. There is no question in my mind we will go undefeated and win the title next year, no question. Someone to pick up Liv when she’s down, we are air tight everywhere Elise.
Barring key injuries you may be right, at least I hope you are!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Transfers played a huge role in the national championships won in 2017, 2018 and 2019. I'm referring to Davis and Gray at South Carolina, Shepard at Notre Dame and Jackson at Baylor. Safe to say we'd have different national champions in those years if not for the aforementioned transfers.

Arizona made its Final Four run with the help of 4 transfers (McDonald, Baptiste, Pellington and Yeaney).

I suppose now we're going to read some different takes on transfers, bad for the game, etc.
There will probably be a new rule that transfers to Big East teams that finished in the Elite 8 or better have to sit out 2 years before being eligible to play.

Reaction Score
what happened to DeBerry? Is she chopped liver all of a sudden?;)
No she isn't. I think it takes more development for post players and you can't expect big game contributions from them as freshman. They need to get stronger. I just don't think we can apply guard expectations to front court players. They are different in their development path.

Reaction Score
Hungarians are obsessed with their food. The boneyard should bone up on such things as palatschinke, Dobos torte, kiffles, cabbage rolls, chicken paprika and Hungarian goulash. I know because I’m married to one.

Reaction Score
No she isn't. I think it takes more development for post players and you can't expect big game contributions from them as freshman. They need to get stronger. I just don't think we can apply guard expectations to front court players. They are different in their development path.
as much as it's nice to gain another big body, I don't want to see AD's development slowed down...........ONO is gone after this year and if Dorka leaves too, then AE will be the only 6'3"+ front court player with much game experience for the 2022/23 season......

Reaction Score
I wonder what Dorka’s arrival does to the makeup of the existing team. Not speculating about anyone (NOT allowed)... just wondering.

From the number of skilled players that this staff didn’t recruit over the years because they weren’t a good fit for the culture @ Uconn, I can’t imagine them taking a transfer that didn’t meet that same criteria.

Reaction Score
UConn will be one of the few teams with two Top 20 teams on it's roster (South Carolina, Stanford).......Team #1 - ONO, CW, AE, PB, team #2 DJ, AD, EW, NM, AG or add CD to that mix........

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The first year did not seem to affect Brink negatively. It's possible DeBerry could have just as successful a season as Brink had.

Reaction Score
Hungarians are obsessed with their food. The boneyard should bone up on such things as palatschinke, Dobos torte, kiffles, cabbage rolls, chicken paprika and Hungarian goulash. I know because I’m married to one.
Good point especially now since we just lost pierogis and Kielbasa.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Which one, the Dobos or the goulash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul