Dorka Juhasz transferring to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dorka Juhasz transferring to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Olivia on notice...UConn is going to have two of the top teams in WBB next season.
I'm not so sure about that. Olivia played really good against Baylor but seemed spent for Arizona. If she had a partner her size to split minutes at C, maybe Arizona would have gone better. Aaliyah needs to concentrate on being her best PF.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'm excited to see her continued improvement under this staff. If she wants to play the WNBA this was the correct decision for her, I mean, look at the material. shows lists of all the former UConn players playing in the league.

I'm glad she'll be able to finally play in the NCAAT in her career.

Reaction Score
I am very excited to hear the news. I know this goes counter to a lot of what was prescribed here at the yard but I really do think she will add much needed depth (and better release point on her layups) in the front court. Plus Geno has enough tape of her from Ohio state to evaluate and see how she could help given the competition she faced.

at the very least this will hopefully push Liv. Like a GM in football you can never have enough skilled players and competition at every position. Glad Geno was not against being a part of this transfer trend.
Welcome Dorka!

Reaction Score
She’s been nearly obliterated from tOSU website but found a couple nuggets. These are from last year

Top link has a pic of her going against Liv. From 2 years ago.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In this interview posted by Nan, I swear that Dorka sounds very much like Nika!

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/?-catching-up-with-dorka-juhasz/

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If she decides to use both of her remaining years of eligibility she'd give the Huskies a potential star inside to go along with Edwards in '22, allowing Brady and to a lesser extent Patterson to ease their way in.

I like this addition for '21 but even more so for '22.

Reaction Score
Hmm, not sure how I feel about this.

I thought we had a really strong roster for next year and wouldn't need anyone else. That Geno disagrees is a bit disconcerting.

And in a related point, I assumed we had more than enough talent to easily fill up 200 minutes. This makes that situation even tighter. Though we wont know until the fall just how much she's able to contribute in games. Rigby and Butler were both highly regarded when they arrived and ended up as largely practice players.

But welcome to her. Hope she does well.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Hmm, not sure how I feel about this.

I thought we had a really strong roster for next year and wouldn't need anyone else. That Geno disagrees is a bit disconcerting.

And in a related point, I assumed we had more than enough talent to easily fill up 200 minutes. This makes that situation even tighter. Though we wont know until the fall just how much she's able to contribute in games. Rigby and Butler were both highly regarded when they arrived and ended up as largely practice players.

But welcome to her. Hope she does well.
Rigby? Butler? Seriously?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
If she decides to use both of her remaining years of eligibility she'd give the Huskies a potential star inside to go along with Edwards in '22, allowing Brady and to a lesser extent Patterson to ease their way in.

I like this addition for '21 but even more so for '22.
I wouldn't be too sure that she will use her last season of eligibility, or even that Geno would want her to do so. Even without her, there will be quite a traffic jam in the UConn front court in 2022-23.

If it looks like she will be a first round draft choice in 2022, she will probably go to the WNBA. If she isn't that good but shows promise that she might get there in another year, she might stay. If it becomes clear that she isn't WNBA material, then I think she will move on with her life.

UConn needs her more next year than the following year.

Reaction Score
This is the ONLY thing missing from our team next year. There is no question in my mind we will go undefeated and win the title next year, no question. Someone to pick up Liv when she’s down, we are air tight everywhere Elise.

Reaction Score
I'm not so sure about that. Olivia played really good against Baylor but seemed spent for Arizona. If she had a partner her size to split minutes at C, maybe Arizona would have gone better. Aaliyah needs to concentrate on being her best PF.
I love Liv, but her offense disappears in big games. She only scored 8 points over the last three games. I'm really pulling for her to improve on that. I certainly do not want her replaced in the starting lineup.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Rigby and Butler were both highly regarded when they arrived and ended up as largely practice players.

Natalie Butler was NOT "largely a practice player". She was the first front court player off the bench in the one full season she played for UConn.

I remember a very close game against Texas in which Napheesa got into foul trouble and Natalie had to play about 20 minutes in her place. UConn wouldn't have won that game without her.

The Big Rig rolled before my time as a UConn fan, but I do like her nickname.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom