Dorka Juhasz transferring to UConn | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Dorka Juhasz transferring to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I remember all the excitement generated when "Z: committed to UConn. She hit the three point shot in practice but struggled in games. Will Dorca hit enough to keep defenses honest? We shall see. That was one of the most talented teams UConn had had since 2016. The talent alone won't get UConn a 12th championship. Some right coaching decisions are going to have to take place also.
Even if she can’t hit the 3 consistently I think it will be great having another big girl who had experience and has stated she loves rebounding. Even if she can hit a few bunnies, grab a few boards and play solid defense it’s a good get for UConn. I hope she’ll do more than that but I’ll be happy with either.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It's the same difference isn't it. Both located in upper Carolina, questionable education and morals, mediocre basketball. :rolleyes:

(Just trying to get a rise from Triad and Cameron :eek::cool:)
I'm surprised you didn't add NC State to the mix...oh, wait, you did state "mediocre basketball", so...:rolleyes:

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
It's the same difference isn't it. Both located in upper Carolina, questionable education and morals, mediocre basketball. :rolleyes:

(Just trying to get a rise from Triad and Cameron :eek::cool:)

And, for the record, the bbq is terrible.

Reaction Score
Even if she can’t hit the 3 consistently I think it will be great having another big girl who had experience and has stated she loves rebounding. Even if she can hit a few bunnies, grab a few boards and play solid defense it’s a good get for UConn. I hope she’ll do more than that but I’ll be happy with either.
Not only she does not hit the 3 consistently @28.43% (career), her free throws are about par with her 3's. It should be interesting at the foul line between Dorka and Olivia, my money is on Olivia (55.83% to Dorka 53.00%)

Reaction Score
No doubt that is true. If Dorka simply provides UConn a capable Big with another 5 fouls to give, that will undoubtedly be a good thing. But one of the things most often cited by the sometimes overzealous BY crowd is Dorka’s ability to make 3’s.
I think with Paige, Azzi, and Caroline Ducharme we will have much better 3 point options. All three could hit 50%. I do not have confidence in Saylor as a 3 point shooter yet. Her Fiba stats and the eye test from this year's minutes. Her shot is more of a push shot and maybe the reason she shoots from so deep so it won't get blocked. If Dorka can shoot 40% from 3 ball land we will be trouble. Maybe Christyn and Evina will improve over the summer. Can't wait to see how the team improves over the summer.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
It may just be me but, I think it is unfair to judge Saylor on anything about her play this past season. It took some of UConn's best players a year to two years to grasp the offensive system and Saylor had nowhere near the time or opportunities to excel at UConn. Plus, she had too many people ahead of her who were well versed in the system. How many threes did KLS miss early in her freshman season even though she had been practicing with the team at the start of official practice? As for Dorca, I hope she plays well enough in practice to earn a lot of minutes.

Reaction Score
Do not sleep on Baylor or MD. They are going to make it a big 5 at least.
Only four can make the final four. It will be important to beat three of the other four during the season.

Stanford will not play us unless Tara thinks she can win by 20 points. Not happening in the next five years unless it is in the Final Four and required to play UCONN....

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Only four can make the final four. It will be important to beat three of the other four during the season.

Stanford will not play us unless Tara thinks she can win by 20 points. Not happening in the next five years unless it is in the Final Four and required to play UCONN....
You touched on something that’s going to be really important next year in particular and beyond. With tough matchups in the BE highly unlikely, Geno needs to set up a killer OOC schedule to test his team against the best possible competition. I would love to see a schedule that takes on the best of every P-5 conference: SC, Baylor, MD, Louisville, and if not Stanford, then either OR or UCLA.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It may just be me but, I think it is unfair to judge Saylor on anything about her play this past season. It took some of UConn's best players a year to two years to grasp the offensive system and Saylor had nowhere near the time or opportunities to excel at UConn. Plus, she had too many people ahead of her who were well versed in the system. How many threes did KLS miss early in her freshman season even though she had been practicing with the team at the start of official practice? As for Dorca, I hope she plays well enough in practice to earn a lot of minutes.
Saylor is also recovering for hip surgery (June of 2020). I recently posted a quote from her mother saying the surgery was throwing everything off including her shot. Her shot mechanics are also noticeably different (worse) from the fluid mechanics she displayed at USA basketball. It maybe a while but if she gets back to those fluid mechanics watch out.

Reaction Score
Still not sure why people seem to think DJ was brought to Storrs to shoot threes. If she never attempts a three for the Huskies that won't bother me a bit. There are a myriad of ways she can contribute.

I am damn glad to have her whatever she is.

I am not arguing with you - but I'm just wondering why you don't think her 19-20 season is relevant? Thirty % of her shots were from 3 that year.
In 19-20 her efficiency was much better from 3 than from 2. So you think that .396 that she shot in 19-20 from 3 is an outlier? Again - I don't know but .396 from 3 would have been 2nd best on this team. It would be terrific if she could hit near that, right?

I tend to agree though with your tone. For me, if she can't hit ft's then I find it odd that she would do that well shooting 3's. Especially in close games unless you have supreme confidence and I think the 20-21 season reflects much more what you're saying. -- Again I am not arguing.

Reaction Score
You touched on something that’s going to be really important next year in particular and beyond. With tough matchups in the BE highly unlikely, Geno needs to set up a killer OOC schedule to test his team against the best possible competition. I would love to see a schedule that takes on the best of every P-5 conference: SC, Baylor, MD, Louisville, and if not Stanford, then either OR or UCLA.
According to the Oregon Coach Graves UConn has Espn game at Oregon

Reaction Score
I think with Paige, Azzi, and Caroline Ducharme we will have much better 3 point options. All three could hit 50%. I do not have confidence in Saylor as a 3 point shooter yet. Her Fiba stats and the eye test from this year's minutes. Her shot is more of a push shot and maybe the reason she shoots from so deep so it won't get blocked. If Dorka can shoot 40% from 3 ball land we will be trouble. Maybe Christyn and Evina will improve over the summer. Can't wait to see how the team improves over the summer.
I would put EW on the list of reliable 3-point shooters. She should be better playing less minutes - more rested & hopefully injury free.

I'd rather Dorka play most of her minutes in the post - rebounding, getting passes from our driving guards in the post for high % shots, and easy put-backs. she doesnt need to be playing the perimeter. Geno has outstanding guard play/swing forward options that its not needed to play our bigs high. We need bangers & easy points down low!!

Reaction Score
I am damn glad to have her whatever she is.

I am not arguing with you - but I'm just wondering why you don't think her 19-20 season is relevant? Thirty % of her shots were from 3 that year.
In 19-20 her efficiency was much better from 3 than from 2. So you think that .396 that she shot in 19-20 from 3 is an outlier? Again - I don't know but .396 from 3 would have been 2nd best on this team. It would be terrific if she could hit near that, right?

I tend to agree though with your tone. For me, if she can't hit ft's then I find it odd that she would do that well shooting 3's. Especially in close games unless you have supreme confidence and I think the 20-21 season reflects much more what you're saying. -- Again I am not arguing.
You sure you have that bolded statement correct? Efficiency same as percentages in your case...or one and the same? For 2019-20 her 3P% was 39.60% while her 2P% was 51.10%. This is true for her career also, 3P% at 28.43% while her 2P% at 54.40%...unless my stats are incorrect.

1618483600418.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99