Dorka article on her decision to return for another season | The Boneyard

Dorka article on her decision to return for another season

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I do believe there is considerably more Dorka can give this team and I wish that she comes back from home this summer ready to get back at it hard. If only a sophomore big had here heart.
I believe that Dorka will help that sophomore big in getting their.

Reaction Score
One advantage for Dorka this year is she can be a full time C. Last year we had a three big rotation and when teamed with Aaliyah, Dorka played C but when teamed with Liv, she was the PF. She may get more opportunities under the basket this year as well.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am a bit surprised the decision for Dorka to stay before her injury was so tough for her. I think her season would be labeled inconsistent with inconsistent (backup) minutes and she probably would have been picked in 3rd round (based on where Liv was picked). Being the starting center this year on the most visible team in the country seems a no brainer to me.

Reaction Score
I'm always up for a Dorka interview/article. I like the quote about her role. When she was brought in I thought her and Liv were going to be twin towers. They played together a bit but Dorka also started alongside Aaliyah and then came off the bench during the most important stretch of the season. Overall, I do think she had a good year, given her ever-changing role. I think she is a better outside shooter than I initially thought, and she was also a better passer than I thought. I remember in the Stanford game, Geno challenged Liv saying that its not fair to expect the UConn guards to make 30 jump shots to win the game. I think that's the challenge I see for Dorka as well. If she can finish inside a bit better through contact, with both hands, and then develop some type of post/back to the basket move, she'll for sure be exactly what the team needs this season.

There will be some good test throughout the season though. I'd imagine early on we'll face Czinano (Iowa) and Taylor Jones(Texas). Then of course Tamari Key(Ten) and all the good bigs SC has. Should be some good tests for her, against other bigs with WNBA potential.

Reaction Score
in my opinion she needs to be more of a vocal leader, she seems timid at times. Maybe because she only been at Uconn one season she doesn't feel comfortable yet.

Reaction Score
Pretty cool article. Thanks for sharing. I am (selfish reason) glad that Dorka is staying one more year. Like @RockyMTblue2 & @MSGRET said and I agree, Dorka has a lot to offer incoming players, especially the BIGS & I believe that she has another level of play that she wants to reach. We saw some of that in many games last year. During the NCAA Tournament, she had a solid game against Mercer but the UCF and Indiana game, not sure what happened. But I know (Big Ten area) Dorka is a solid player and she, if fully recovered, is going to give the program another offensive weapon.

Reaction Score
Good reference for other bigs who may want to transfer in to UConn in the future!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom