Donovan Clingan | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am imagining every coach in the country would press that team. We wouldn't get the ball past half-court on half our possessions.
Wait a minute. It seems I recall Sanogo going almost coast to coast in one of our last games. Got the defensive rebound, turned and dribbled several times before dunking at the other end. Unstoppable.........

Reaction Score
the only reason i'm optimistic he might come here over UM is that the reason(s) he chose to stay at his local highschool will translate and apply to his college choice as well
But wasn't his primary motivation for staying at BC to get his name in the record books besides his mother as a tribute to her? I doubt he's considering Maine. Anyway, all of the snippets of soundbites and quotes I've heard / read point to UM being where his heart is, but I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
Id love to get him, but this staff knows how to bring in talent. We will be fine regardless IMO. But obviously it would be great to reel him in.

Reaction Score
But wasn't his primary motivation for staying at BC to get his name in the record books besides his mother as a tribute to her? I doubt he's considering Maine. Anyway, all of the snippets of soundbites and quotes I've heard / read point to UM being where his heart is, but I sincerely hope I'm wrong.
if the reason he chose to stay at Bristol was that narrow or symbolic then yeah it's not gonna translate to UConn so i'm hoping it was slightly broader i.e. staying close to home due to family ties etc

Last edited:

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Looks like they’re playing at an AAU event in Pittsburgh this weekend. If spectators are allowed in, I’ll have to try and catch a game

Reaction Score
There is no way you will or should be seeing those three on the court together.
Why?? They could play together.
All 3 are mobile athletic players w well rounded inside/outside games
Is it the norm no But it would have
Way more pluses then minuses.
2 of the 3 would be on the whole game

Reaction Score
Can't be wrong with a hot take like that.

“I think he can be the national player of the year next year in high school.”

Yeah, his coaches act like guys who haven't coached a top-50 player before, which of course they haven't. Obviously a ton of pride for their guy (and should), but the NPOY comments and some of the other hyperbole just made me feel like anything else he said wasn't that reliable.

Reaction Score
Of course I agree with you, but Akok is a better shooter than Smith, he has to be.

Roscoe was 25-83 his freshmen year from 3.
Akok was 12-46.

Neither have proven they were shooters although Roscoe had the rep of being one... From his ESPN scouting report:

"Roscoe is a great 3-point shooter with tremendous range and accuracy," he said. "When UConn spreads the floor he'll have an opportunity to shoot the 3. UConn likes to score in transition and in half-court sets he'll come off the double-staggered screen to catch and shoot."

Long story short, Akok is best as a sorta stretch 4. Him playing the 3, with his lack of handle and shooting would be a total disaster. We already have had enough issues with lacking more than one capable ball handler on the court. Having Akok as your three would be a major issue offensively and defensively where we negate his greatest strength.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Roscoe was 25-83 his freshmen year from 3.
Akok was 12-46.

Neither have proven they were shooters although Roscoe had the rep of being one... From his ESPN scouting report:

"Roscoe is a great 3-point shooter with tremendous range and accuracy," he said. "When UConn spreads the floor he'll have an opportunity to shoot the 3. UConn likes to score in transition and in half-court sets he'll come off the double-staggered screen to catch and shoot."

Long story short, Akok is best as a sorta stretch 4. Him playing the 3, with his lack of handle and shooting would be a total disaster. We already have had enough issues with lacking more than one capable ball handler on the court. Having Akok as your three would be a major issue offensively and defensively where we negate his greatest strength.
Akok should never play the 3.

Reaction Score
For some reason I have a gut feeling there's less than a 50% chance he stays in CT for college.
I hope you're wrong, but can understand your doubts.

Everyone says DC is a solid citizen with a good head on his shoulders and is simply doing his due diligence, something he should do.

On the other hand, he has shown no passion to date for State U and that doesn't seem to bode well. Of course, he could be the most mature 16 year old out there, able to contain his excitement about his potential to be a star of stars at home while leading the good guys to multiple national championships. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I hope you're wrong, but can understand your doubts.

Everyone says DC is a solid citizen with a good head on his shoulders and is simply doing his due diligence, something he should do.

On the other hand, he has shown no passion to date for State U and that doesn't seem to bode well. Of course, he could be the most mature 16 year old out there, able to contain his excitement about his potential to be a star of stars at home while leading the good guys to multiple national championships. :rolleyes:
I don't know, he looked like he was having a great time cheering on the Huskies at all the games he went to during the 2019-2020 season.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Yeah, his coaches act like guys who haven't coached a top-50 player before, which of course they haven't. Obviously a ton of pride for their guy (and should), but the NPOY comments and some of the other hyperbole just made me feel like anything else he said wasn't that reliable.

welcome to the dark side

Reaction Score
Some news here - wants to take all visits and commit before high school season.

Clingan is as fundamental player in the paint as there is in the country. The Bristol (Conn.) Bristol Central center's offer list is approaching 20, however he is set to start looking at what visits he wants to take in the coming weeks. While there is uncertainty for where he will go, Clingan knows he wants to see some campuses and will try to get five visits in before he makes a decision.

Reaction Score
Small victories. We now have a starting point. Next objective is to get on the short list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom