2022 Recruiting: - Donovan Clingan | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Donovan Clingan

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCF

Reaction Score
Word is he will be. PSA or Brewster.

Great programs. Would love to see him at St Thomas more. I think he would get more opportunities. PSA and Brewster are always loaded. 7-10 deep. He would be the focal point on good team but not a overpowering dominant team. But either way better than the ciac. Funny thing is Woodstock academy liked the video. Also Tony Bergen the former coach who is at UMass. I know UMass offered but I wouldn't count out him landed at Woodstock either

Reaction Score
CIAC needs a shot clock, period. It would make the games more enjoyable and help with development of the talent that is in the state. Just my opinion

unless I am completely and utterly losing my mind (possible), didn’t CIAC institute shot clock in HS BB in the mid/late 1980s? I swear we had one at varsity level when I was in HS 84-88.Was it an experiment that they got rid of?

hadn’t seen a HS game in decades, but have started to go to some girls games (daughters good friend on our HS team). Lack of shot clock is horrible. Most teams with a 8+ pt lead will stall on offense the whole 4th quarter

Reaction Score
unless I am completely and utterly losing my mind (possible), didn’t CIAC institute shot clock in HS BB in the mid/late 1980s? I swear we had one at varsity level when I was in HS 84-88.Was it an experiment that they got rid of?

hadn’t seen a HS game in decades, but have started to go to some girls games (daughters good friend on our HS team). Lack of shot clock is horrible. Most teams with a 8+ pt lead will stall on offense the whole 4th quarter

There was no shot clock when I was in high school from 96-00. I went to a decent amount of high school games in the early 90s and don't remember a shot clock. That doesn't mean they weren't there in the 80s, though.

I agree that lack of a shot clock can make fourth quarters excruciating. I wonder what the hold up is - maybe the cost of installing clocks and/or the cost of paying an extra person to operate one at games?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Saw a clip of him on the Twitter this morning. A bit mechanical in movement but reading here I now learn he is a baby. Wow. This kid must end up a Husky.

Reaction Score
Have gone to many high school games this year following my grandson and there is no shot clock.

Reaction Score
Saw a clip of him on the Twitter this morning. A bit mechanical in movement but reading here I now learn he is a baby. Wow. This kid must end up a Husky.
Have not been able to get to his games last few weeks. Recuperating from surgery. Hoping to go to East Catholic game. But as I have said from my original post, this young man has incredible upside. By no means a finished product. But he is still 15 years old( 16 in Feb), and has a very good skill set already. Also seems to be getting more aggressive. Would love for him to be a future Husky

Reaction Score
Have not been able to get to his games last few weeks. Recuperating from surgery. Hoping to go to East Catholic game. But as I have said from my original post, this young man has incredible upside. By no means a finished product. But he is still 15 years old( 16 in Feb), and has a very good skill set already. Also seems to be getting more aggressive. Would love for him to be a future Husky
Better get there early, EC games are always crowded and with this kid coming I can’t imagine the crowd it will draw.

F

FanMan

From what I hear, he is staying at Bristol Central next year. I hear he wants to bring a state championship to Bristol Central. His mom went there and I think that's why......aside from playing with his friends. Can't really fault him for that. From what I read in that Mike Anthony article in the Courant, he has strong family ties there.

Reaction Score
Donovan popped off against Lewis Mills tonight in a crazy environment. Loss track or point, blocks all that but played a really good game.

Reaction Score
Why would you say that? You can see the skills he has but he's a kid, no doubter Divy1as he gets stronger and matures. Not a lot of 7 foot 15-16 year olds with game like that, we will want him here!

It was a joke. Who here doesn't want to see him stay in state.................. and at UConn?

Reaction Score
28 points, 18 rebounds and 11 blocks. Guess that's not good enough? Geez. You guys are tough
I am a 62 year old 6 foot tall man who can do that much against a fifth grade elementary school team. Same analogy.

Reaction Score
I am a 62 year old 6 foot tall man who can do that much against a fifth grade elementary school team. Same analogy.

What sorts of numbers would you like to see him put up? There is absolutely no pleasing some of you people.

MrP

Reaction Score
Donovan popped off against Lewis Mills tonight in a crazy environment. Loss track or point, blocks all that but played a really good game.

Well if LSM is anything like when I went there, Clingan didn’t face anyone over 6’2”

Reaction Score
From what I hear, he is staying at Bristol Central next year. I hear he wants to bring a state championship to Bristol Central. His mom went there and I think that's why......aside from playing with his friends. Can't really fault him for that. From what I read in that Mike Anthony article in the Courant, he has strong family ties there.

I haven't seen any of his games but is there enough talent besides him on the team for that to be realistic? He's not bringing the ball up the court and handling pressure in the backcourt. Some of the best CIAC teams press the crap out of teams with weak guards.

Reaction Score
This kid is a sophomore... play prep ball for a couple years.. see how good he is.. if he needs to do a post-grad he will, otherwise he becomes a redshirt. Come to UConn, kid! Happy to have ya.

Reaction Score
Well if LSM is anything like when I went there, Clingan didn’t face anyone over 6’2”
Yep. Don’t think he’s faced anyone within 7 inches of him all season. Mills no different. Double teamed by 2 6 footers

F

FanMan

No,you couldn't. But hey, if you all that dont think he's any good, feel free to email Hurley and tell him you don't want him at UCONN. Maybe he can go to Providence or Georgetown and we can play against him. I seem to remember that a 7ft1 260 lb center from the recent Cincinnati game shut down the middle in the first half. This kid is 7ft 250 lbs and 15! I tell ya, after reading our twitter fan crap and some of this crap, I wouldn't blame him if he said "why would I wanna play for these fans?" How many times has Hurley had to say something about social media?

BCF

Reaction Score
Yes, Clingan plays against undersized kids. But, he is also a stud. 15 year olds that are 7' dont fall off trees. He moves really well for his age. Plus he has a good motor. Many big kids at his age play timid. Like they are embarrassed to be so tall. Not clingan. He is trying to dunk it every time he touches the ball. He needs to get stronger which will come with age. But he is a beast. Haven't seen a big this good in the CIAC since Edmund.

Yes, he won't play against 6' tall kids in the post on the next level or even prep. But, he also won't be tripled teamed all game which is what Lewis Mills did. As soon as he caught there were 3 kids around him. He couldn't move.

Reaction Score
No,you couldn't. But hey, if you all that dont think he's any good, feel free to email Hurley and tell him you don't want him at UCONN. Maybe he can go to Providence or Georgetown and we can play against him. I seem to remember that a 7ft1 260 lb center from the recent Cincinnati game shut down the middle in the first half. This kid is 7ft 250 lbs and 15! I tell ya, after reading our twitter fan crap and some of this crap, I wouldn't blame him if he said "why would I wanna play for these fans?" How many times has Hurley had to say something about social media?
I scored that much when I was a pip squeak on the elementary team.

Anyway, judging this guy against smaller competition is meaningless. This board was all over Ollie for not getting Paschal Chukwu a 7 foot 2 inch CT product who was a flameout for the Cuse. Not going to jump on his bandwagon till he plays against some real competition. I have seen him play in person a couple of times since I live in Southington. He could be the real deal if he learns the fundamentals of footwork and rebounding but does not seem inclined to leave Bristol Central.

This team has been so center-starved years for a big man that I think collectively we over react to unproven local prospects.

Reaction Score
How many times has Hurley had to say something about social media?
Hurley was talking about direct messaging or posting on a kid's account, not posts on the Boneyard. I very highly doubt Clingan is making decisions about his future based on posts on the Boneyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom