2022 Recruiting: - Donovan Clingan Update | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Donovan Clingan Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

We also need to include a note on Connecticut signed four-star big man Donovan Clingan of Bristol (Conn.) Central. With his future head coach Dan Hurley on hand to watch with an assistant, Clingan enjoyed a healthy size advantage over Springfield (Mass.) Central and he made sure to use it. A big bodied seven-footer, Clingan clogged up the lane on both ends of the floor and produced a triple double of 24 points, 16 rebounds and 10 blocks. He understands the game, knows where to be and is also a pretty good passer out of the low post. A slower tempo suited him and in college he'll need to adjust to pace of the game but there's no doubt that his size could allow him to cause some problems.

Reaction Score
Watched Clingan & BCHS last night vs. Springfield Central at the HoopHall Classic in Springfield. Obviously he's a big talent with some area to improve still (mainly conditioning, getting better hands, using his size to bully down low), but wow was I impressed with his poise being the biggest, and best, player on the court. The Springfield team was chippy and tried to rough him up early, to the point that on his first two offensive possessions, they wrapped both arms around him and dragged him to the floor (football-style tackle) at one point. He never got in anyone's face and never let it phase him, as I'm sure he's been dealing with this for years. Mentally tough kid it seems. Looking forward to him bringing it to Storrs.

What was the final of that game? Thanks for the update

Reaction Score
The jump ball is hilarious...
FJGqlTXXIAA3bPg.jpeg

Reaction Score
I kind of disagree with Shreyas Laddha's take on Springfield Central being "one of the best teams" in the state. I'm not familiar with MA competition at all but they were BAD for all but the 3rd quarter of the game. BCHS was up 18-19 in the first half. It wasn't until SC started pressing them that BCHS got turned over and gave up a run. Maybe they just had an off-night but I was really unimpressed with SC.

Reaction Score
From that picture, Clingan looks like he has a Dad bod...

It looks like he's a Dad coaching his kids rec league team on how to win a jump ball.
Mark Eaton is about the only dad with a body like that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
When I first saw him in the black mask, I thought it was a beard. Immediately thought that was a good idea. At his size with that baby face, a beard would help his intimidation give him a dangerous edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom