2022 Recruiting: - Donovan Clingan Update | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Donovan Clingan Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone here seen Clingan in person recently? 7 footer with shooting touch sounds pretty good.

Reaction Score
My only concern is the competition he's faced is garbage and he'll take a while to adjust to the size, speed, and athleticism of high-major D-I basketball.

He's a project. He's also a 7'2 monster that can pass and shoot. He'll find his place on the court. His defense will take some work, but he has the right mentality to get there... and being humongous is a really big handicap on that end.

We CANNOT have him in the hard hedge. Get him and Whaley off the damn 3 point line unless we're desperate.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Yeah, every time I listen to Donovan I think to myself this is a great kid, exactly the kind of kid we want in this program. He gets what basketball means to the state of Connecticut, and he really wants to be a Husky. I am really looking forward to watching his development over the next four years.

Reaction Score
He's a project. He's also a 7'2 monster that can pass and shoot. He'll find his place on the court. His defense will take some work, but he has the right mentality to get there... and being humongous is a really big handicap on that end.

We CANNOT have him in the hard hedge. Get him and Whaley off the damn 3 point line unless we're desperate.
That's my read on him as well. It will take a little time getting him adjusted to the speed of the college game and getting his body right but he's enormous and you can't teach his passing ability and few if any will match up with his size. Strength and conditioning program should do wonders for him.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Everyone needs to watch that video and appreciate we are going to need to have some patience.

I also think his coach already tried to force him onto the court.

Reaction Score

Are you really suggesting that Whaley shouldn’t be doing hard hedges? Or shouldn’t shoot 3s? Or both?

Either suggestion is insane.

Reaction Score
Are you really suggesting that Whaley shouldn’t be doing hard hedges? Or shouldn’t shoot 3s? Or both?

Thank God Relief GIF by Wiz Khalifa

Reaction Score
i'm hoping he's a starter by his soph year and has improved to a better passing zac eady from purdue by his jr year

Reaction Score

It's my opinion that your rim protector shouldn't be doing the hard hedge. If IW is the 5, then no. Otherwise, ok.

Reaction Score
It's my opinion that your rim protector shouldn't be doing the hard hedge. If IW is the 5, then no. Otherwise, ok.

Whaley is easily the best ball screen defending big man that has ever played at UConn. When other teams use Whaley’s man to set high ball screens, they are doing us a favor. Seeing him in person against the Bonnies only confirmed this for me further…it’s incredible how disruptive he is in that role, and how much easier it is for guards to turn the corner when another one of our bigs is defending the screen.

Reaction Score
Also gonna be at Mohegan Sun on Monday night to see Clingan & BCHS take on East Catholic. First chance to see him in a college/pro-sized arena.

Reaction Score
DC will get there eventually.. UConn interest in Miranda should tell you something

Reaction Score
Also gonna be at Mohegan Sun on Monday night to see Clingan & BCHS take on East Catholic. First chance to see him in a college/pro-sized arena.

I am assuming you can get tickets at the door?

Reaction Score
DC will get there eventually.. UConn interest in Miranda should tell you something
Recruiting another good big isn't an indictment on Clingan. We have 13 scholarships and want to have an 8-10 man rotation where getting playing time is very competitive. It's unlikely we'll ever be in a position where we're not recruiting top-40 players in our backyard

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I meant to say Sanogo* I'm assuming that makes more sense lol
Particularly since Whaley and Clingan will never share the court together.

Reaction Score
You watch the film and see things that he will need to work on and see things that excite you. Remember while the competition isn’t great the one learning process he is certainly getting is the double-triple teaming by a bunch of little nats. This will help in delivering the ball out of these in college and it sounds like he’s a solid passer which is huge for a big. He’s going to have to get used to the physicality and speed of the next level. But the next levels going to have to learn how to deal with 7’2 as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom