2022 Recruiting: - Donovan Clingan Unofficial Visit 3/5 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Donovan Clingan Unofficial Visit 3/5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So going back to a thread about Donovan someone had written about the Maloney game earlier in the season and how the players from the Meriden HS treated him. Well I did get some solid insight on that game and as a former Spartan I am embarrassed to report it was very true. The things I heard that were said about his mom from a "very good" source I can't even write here. And I don't know the new coach whatsoever but am good friends with the recently retired successful coach who would have never allowed this. I know the team was told by the City of Meriden superintendent of schools to bus up to Bristol Central to apologize to him the very next day. Not sure how that went but if it was that bad then some of those kids should not have been playing the next game or maybe even the remainder of the year. No place for that type of treatment for anyone the disrespect of Donovan by these kids and what was said has zero place in HS sports. While I am happy they were made to go apologize I can't believe kids were not penalized at all, not impressed with the new HC at MHS because the things they said to him were beyond disgusting about his mom. Little trash talk, hell yeah. Not about his mom in this manner.

From an ex-Spartan I apologize also to the young man and his famiIy I am embarrassed.

No one was suspended at all? What a weak coach.

You make an example of these kids and suspend them for a week (or whatever, you talk to the AD about it) and you never have a problem with BS on the court in the next 10 years of your career. Kids want to play. They WILL fall in line.

Those boys just learned they can be bullies with minimal consequences for the rest of their lives. Terrible.

Reaction Score
No one was suspended at all? What a weak coach.

You make an example of these kids and suspend them for a week (or whatever, you talk to the AD about it) and you never have a problem with BS on the court in the next 10 years of your career. Kids want to play. They WILL fall in line.

Those boys just learned they can be bullies with minimal consequences for the rest of their lives. Terrible.
Does that go for Sidney and well?

Reaction Score
What does this have to do with Seton Hall?

Who brought up Seton Hall?
The implication is we will get Sanogo and in two years we'll need Clingan to replace him.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Can Mason Jackson play? Is he D1?

He has offers from Fairfield, SHU, and UNC Asheville (courtesy of fellow NFA alum and former Husky R.J. Evans, who was on staff there for the 2018–19 season).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom