2022 Recruiting: - Donovan Clingan Unofficial Visit 3/5 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Donovan Clingan Unofficial Visit 3/5

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Really like Clingan. Yeah, he's physically impressive (and will be more so by the time he gets to college) but he also seems like a great kid from a great family. Those are guys that you build a program around.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I think this is the 3rd time we've hosted him in the last few weeks; I know he was at the Memphis game, and I think he visited campus for a practice at some point (although my mind could be playing tricks on me with that last one). Either way, this is a great sign.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Interesting note from tonight-

I was in the upper section above the UConn bench/Clingan. Right at the end of the game- Hurley shouted and pointed at Clingan something alone the lines of "this could be you. right here"

Clingan smiled and seemed to enjoy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Interesting note from tonight-

I was in the upper section above the UConn bench/Clingan. Right at the end of the game- Hurley shouted and pointed at Clingan something alone the lines of "this could be you. right here"

Clingan smiled and seemed to enjoy.
Hurley will never be accused of lacking drive and enthusiasm. I hope the kid becomes part of something special here.

Reaction Score
I kept checking on him all night, too. Looks like he has a girlfriend hangin' on him.

Reaction Score
So going back to a thread about Donovan someone had written about the Maloney game earlier in the season and how the players from the Meriden HS treated him. Well I did get some solid insight on that game and as a former Spartan I am embarrassed to report it was very true. The things I heard that were said about his mom from a "very good" source I can't even write here. And I don't know the new coach whatsoever but am good friends with the recently retired successful coach who would have never allowed this. I know the team was told by the City of Meriden superintendent of schools to bus up to Bristol Central to apologize to him the very next day. Not sure how that went but if it was that bad then some of those kids should not have been playing the next game or maybe even the remainder of the year. No place for that type of treatment for anyone the disrespect of Donovan by these kids and what was said has zero place in HS sports. While I am happy they were made to go apologize I can't believe kids were not penalized at all, not impressed with the new HC at MHS because the things they said to him were beyond disgusting about his mom. Little trash talk, hell yeah. Not about his mom in this manner.

From an ex-Spartan I apologize also to the young man and his famiIy I am embarrassed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger